Thursday 23 December 2010

PDCC - Challenge #61 & evil ribbon!

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!  Only a few sleeps to go!  Are you nearly done with your Christmas shopping?  I've remembered a few people that I haven't bought for yet, not good!  Oh well, there is always tomorrow! 

Hopefully Tink isn't reading my blog but my friend and I are taking her and her daughter to see Cinderella in Panto tomorrow!  She has no idea yet, so hopefully she will enjoy it!  We are willing the snow to stay away for just one more day! 

Today it's our PDCC challenge.  This time I played with a new doily cutter that arrived the other day, I LOVE this cutter, it's total utter gorgeousness!  It's from MFT.


Now before I share the details of this card I want to tell you about my evil ribbon!  I bought some lovely red polka dot ribbon in the East of India range, I used it the other day for my 'Sew Lovely' card. It's easy to use, looks really pretty too.  Well, its evil cousin, the beige and red stripe version is not 'sew lovely'!!  I've tried to use it a few times before now and do you think I can get it to sit right?  Not a chance!  I pulled, twisted, knotted, undid, pulled, twisted, knotted, undid, but got absolutely nothing that resembled anything decent.  Now I wouldn't mind if that was the first time, but this was about the third card I've tried with it!  So, if anyone wants some evil ribbon let me know, I'll post it out to you lol.  It would have been so nice for this card as well, a perfect match, but I don't think I am the right owner for it, hence the sparkly ribbon instead, which is really pretty, but not quite the match for our challenge.  Hopefully I can get away with it under artistic licence!

This is the gorgeous pic that Sarah gave us, isn't it adorable?!


So here are the details for my card...
  1. Mat card with polka dot patterned paper
  2. Die cut doily and distress with Antique Linen ink
  3. Stamp snowflakes with Tumbled Glass distress ink, stamp off once before staming onto the doily for a lighter effect, add finished doily to card using pop dots for dimension
  4. Stamp, colour and fussy cut a reindeer, add to doily with pop dots
  5. Pull, twist.. (you get the picture) the evil ribbon to see if you can make anything half decent with it, then give up on that and cut 3 strips of sparkly ribbon, one for the reindeer's collar, the other two for the bottom of the card
  6. Stamp the 'Noel' sentiment, distress edges and cut corners off at angles
  7. Move the evil ribbon out of sight before it gets cut into lots of little pieces!  Find it a new loving home!
Andrea Ewen

Pop on over to the Cafe and link your post. If you use an online gallery, please use the keyword PDCC61, and remember to use our inspirational colours to be eligible to win!

Stamps: Lawn Fawn, 'Frosties' & 'Critters in the Snow', Papertrey Ink 'Signature Christmas Greetings'
Papers: Basic Grey 'Oliver' paper
Accessories:Sparkly ribbon from stash, Ranger Distress Inks, 'Tumbled Glass' and 'Antique Linen'

Happy crafting!

11 comments:

  1. So sweet, Ruby! I just love your reindeer's glittered collar! So sorry about your ribbon, too! Ick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OHHHHHHHH! I LOVE LOVE LOVE this card! LOVE that little reindeer:} Your wine looks perfect--mine is too red! I am super mad at that camera! GRR! OH--TINKS is going to have so much fun! Take pics:) PLEASSSSSE! LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU! Merry CHRISTmas and Happy Birthday, JESUS! Can't wait to Skype with you again!

    ps....I think your ribbon is beautiful! It matches perfectly! Sorry to hear there is evil ribbon out there....must keep my eye out for this set! I don't need any more issues with ribbon:}

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot beLIEVE that I used 'East of India' ribbon that Sarah sent to me!!!! How bizarre is that??!
    This card is really adorable and it's just right, so no worries!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card Ruby :) That doiley is fantastic and I love it on the polka dot background :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you very much Disertation writing, We appreciate your interest and suggestions.Thanks for the excellent contribution to the discussion.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute card Ruby!!! My wine colour looks off on my card too!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So super cute Ruby! So sorry the ribbon gave you a hard time, but it seems to me that you showed it who's boss! Wonderful job with the colors and the design is awesome, especially that eye catching doily!
    A very Merry Christmas to you and your family and a happy, healthy New Year! Glad we get to play cards together for another 6 months!

    ReplyDelete
  8. There is nothing worse than ribbon with a bad attitude! ;) I'm really loving the glittery ribbon so I'm thinking you worked it out just fine! Super cute card!! Have fun at the theater *fingers crossed* for good weather!!
    Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card, love the doily shape. I have a similar issue with ribbon on occasion grrr.

    I have a little something for you on my blog today ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliant card. Such a cute take on it.

    And THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!! You are a STAR!!!!!!!!! I had a little wish to myself to have 100 followers by the end of the year. And thanks to you (& 99 other wonderful peeps) I've gotten what I hoped for. But it's you my dear friend who has made it happen. Sending huge big hugs your way. You are just one more extra special reason why I love PDCC and everyone who contributes to it's existence. P xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card Ruby, great detail. Thank you so much for your kind comments and I would love to meet up I will let you know if I ever visit Wendy. Happy NEW Year, Tracy Evans x x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by to view my blog and for taking the time to leave a message. I really appreciate your feedback. Ruby xx

 
Blog Design By -Lindsey Joy Design- ©All Rights Reserved