Thursday 16 December 2010

PDCC 60 - Post It Note Holder

Hi there everyone. It's Play Date Cafe time again!

I'm feeling very sleepy right now so I''m hoping this will make sense!

Today's colour challenge is a colour splash. This time it's black and white with a splash of yellow.

Natasha has a lot of pressies to make for her teachers, and we were trying to come up with something that would be simple for her to make, but a nice gift at the same time. Lots of teachers say they get too many sweets/chocolates at this time of the year, so this is what I came up with as a little post it note holder..

The stamped image is the perfect size for a little post it note pad.  I did try to take a picture of this for you, but for some reason it keeps coming out really blurred :o( so I may have to update my post later.  

If you take off the back of a 3 x 3 post it pad you can stick the pad onto the card base, and then every time the person replaces the notepad they will see a little happy note!  Natasha is going to stamp the 'smile' sentiment on the top of each post it pad so that they have a little message when they get the pressie too.

The steps are very straightforward for this one..
  1. Stamp frame onto white cardstock (one that you can use for Copics)
  2. Stamp flower image again onto a separate piece of white cardstock
  3. Colour in the flower twice, pop dot one on top of the other and add glossy accents for some definition and some stickles to the centre of the flower
  4. Stamp sentiment in the centre of the frame, and colour in with Copics
  5. Mount entire card onto black cardstock, rounding corners to finish (you could use a harder card/chipboard to make it a bit sturdier)
I needed to make another card as a thank you for my Uncle.  He recently put a radiator into my studio and it is now really toasty warm.  Lovely!  I made him this silly cute card using Lawn Fawn's latest stamp collection, 'My Silly Valentine'.  It is based on a very simple design I saw on their blog some time ago.  Inside I thanked him for being a top banana lol.  


We have now finalised the search for our new DT!!!  We will have six brand new Designers and a new Private Blend Designer who will be announced during the run up to Christmas, how exciting!!!!

Don't forget to check out the rest of the DT's inspirational pieces.

Andrea Ewen

Pop on over to the Cafe and link your post. If you use an online gallery, please use the keyword PDCC60, and remember to use our inspirational colours to be eligible to win!

Stamps: Stampendous 'Clipboard Decor'
Papers: Black and White Cardstock
Accessories: Various yellow copic markers, Stickles, Glossy Accents

8 comments:

  1. I love your post it note holder Ruby :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ruby...this is such a fabby way to use the splash of color! I really love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a GREAT gift! It will certainly make them smile every time they use it! What a super Mom you are! And I LOVE the card for your Uncle. Now you can create and be toasty warm at the smae time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute projects Ruby! The little banana is adorable and love the post it note holder! Makes for a wonderful gift! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful splash of color, Ruby! Congratulations on being chosen for the Etsy Inspired challenge! You are certainly deserving with all these wonderful gems you crank out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable projects, Ruby! I love the smile sentiment on the post it note holder! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. adorable!!!! love the banana!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by to view my blog and for taking the time to leave a message. I really appreciate your feedback. Ruby xx

 
Blog Design By -Lindsey Joy Design- ©All Rights Reserved