Thursday 2 December 2010

PDCC 58

Hi there everyone

Life is starting to finally slow down so I will be back blogging properly again. It should have happened last week but I wasn't so well and our heating went too!  It never rains but it pours!  Well actually, we have a little bit of snow here, plus more expected so it looks really pretty :)

Today for my Play Date Cafe Challenge contribution I decided to make a tag instead of a card. The colours are gorgeous, and I could do with some tags for Christmas so thought this was the perfect excuse!


Here's the gorgeous inspiration pic...

Yum-mee!!!

Here are the details of how I made the tag;
  1. Die cut and stamp a little jar, stamp again using polka dot stamp to fill jar
  2. Die cut label, stamp in black for the outline and then stamp the sentiment in red
  3. Stamp snowflake in red, cut out
  4. Add glitter glue to snowflake, attach to tag
  5. Cancel step 4 and start again because by now you will be covered in stickles glitter glue where you were trying to stick the snowflake to the tag before the glue has dried!! 
  6. Sooo... attach snowflake to tag using 3d pop dots, then... add stickles glitter glue to snowflake for a bit of bling and finish off with a gem
  7. Tie around some baker's twine
  8. Add hole to top of tag and thread through some more bakers' twine to finish
Don't you just love these little jars? They are SO much fun to make!  It's like being a kid all over again! :o)

Don't forget to check out the rest of the DT's inspirational pieces.

Andrea Ewen

Pop on over to the Cafe and link your post. If you use an online gallery, please use the keyword PDCC58, and remember to use our inspirational colours to be eligible to win!

Stamps: Papertrey Ink 'Friendship Jars', Lawn Fawn 'Frosties'
Accessories: Bakers' Twine, gem from stash

Back soon with another card, ciao for now!


19 comments:

  1. Another wonderful tag, Ruby! That stamp set looks a wee bit familiar ; ) haha x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That jar stamp is a great size for tags, and I love how you've used it, especially that shiny red snowflake - Yum-meeeeee :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you for your visit to my blog, today it's a great day for me i'm a drop in the cafe, thank you, i love your tag, beautiful.
    sorry for my very bad english.
    A hug from Palma de Mallorca
    Loli
    http://eltallerdelosrecuerdos.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tag is GORGEOUS! LOVE the sentiment and the snowflake! LOVE the Baker's twine! Sorry I've been so BUSY with everything lately that I've kinda dropped off the face of the earth. I hope to be able to play with Play Date this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea..Love this tag and the snowflake WOW... Great work!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your nice comment on my blog! I popped on over here and this tag is just so CUTE!!! i love the mono color scheme! Very yum!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Ruby! Hope you are ok :-) Thanks for the visit - I must say I'm tempted to join in the PDCC with this lovely colour combo! Lovely tag -loving the PTI! Kxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous tag Ruby, reminds me of all the jars you get in the Christmas departments at this time of year. Very festive piece. Tracy Evans x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this is fabulous Ruby I love the idea of a tag and the shape is great I love it.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ruby, what a cute tag! And even the stand you displayed it on is adorable. ;)

    Thank you for popping by my blog today and leaving a comment. I so appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Eeek, Ruby, this tag is crazy cute! I love that there is even "snow" in the jar. So awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I love this jar Ruby, I love it's yummy colour! I have tried to resend that email 100 times and will have to give up I think. Do you have a spam folder that I might have gone to...? Will try to give you a call sometime soon to meet for that long overdue coffee! Not sure of the Xmas time arrangements yet, was planning to go to Poland but will try to meet soon! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, Ruby, this is wonderful. You have the most amazing dies to cut out shapes! I love the jar. It is just perfect for a tag. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your spotty jam jar is so cute and it is great that you have gone to the trouble of giving us your method. I love it...so cheering. The colours this week are nice and fresh, don't you think?
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh that tag is so so cute!!! Love that jam jar with lovely red snowflake...beautiful card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your tag, thanks for the tutorial too, very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  17. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW cute is this jar tag? LOOOOOOVE it! I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! I want this set! I love that beautiful snowflake and your twine! OHHHH--you just rocked this challenge;) LOVE IT! So glad things are slowing down for you:) I hope to catch you Skype soon! Tell Tinks--HELLO:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great idea for a shaped tag! love it :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by to view my blog and for taking the time to leave a message. I really appreciate your feedback. Ruby xx

 
Blog Design By -Lindsey Joy Design- ©All Rights Reserved