Hi there, it's been a VERY long time since I last posted. To cut a long story short, I set up my coaching business and that took over all of my time. I've been making the odd card here and there but recently thought I'd like to start blogging about card-making again.
After making that decision I realised I had no idea how to get back into my blog! I was completely locked out as I'd changed email addresses and couldn't remember passwords and whatnot. I finally managed to get back in, so I thought I'd enter my first challenge over at Retro Sketches. You had to create something using the following sketch.
I recently got some lovely new stamps from Lawn Fawn (more to be seen at a later date) as an early birthday pressie so I thought I'd have a play. I have listed the Copic colours I've used to colour in the images, but I have, to be honest, I didn't intend to use quite so many! It was great fun, though.
I've listed them all below for you.
Here's a quick step-by-step guide to how I made it;
- I cut two rectangles, the polka dot panel on the left and the white panel on the right. I stuck them together so that I could use them as a background panel to attach the ribbon
- I die cut the chocolate brown panel and added that to the background
- I then die cut the notebook die and aged it by using some scissors to roughen up the edges and added some Tim Holtz Tea Dye Distress Ink
- I coloured and die cut the Lawn Fawn images, using one of the broom handles as a tree trunk for the pile of leaves and used pop dots to attach them to the card
- Finally, I added a couple of gems to the top right
Here's a list of the Copics I used. I know, I told you I used a lot!
YR27, YR24, YR23 (Leaves)
Y38, Y38 (Leaves)
YG63, YG25, YG23 (Leaves)
YR18, YR16, YR12 (Leaves)
E19, E18, E08, E07, E04 (Fox)
E13, E15, E19 (Leaves)
E49, E47, E37, E33, E29, E25 (Hedgehog)
YR31, YR30, E84 (Hedgehog Tummy)
E37, E35, E34 (Owl)
E55, E53, E51 (Owl Tummy)
R20 (Cheeks) & White Signo pen for extra markings
I look forward to popping back with another card again soon :)
It's good to be back. Have fun!