As you have probably noticed I am in a quick and simple card mood at the minute! This week's colours over at the Play Date Cafe were put together by Sarah, and this is what I came up with...
It doesn't show very clearly here but the background colour is actually a dark purple, then the royal blue is on the patterned paper and the blue for the birds and banner. I'm finding it quite difficult to photograph cards here at the minute, the natural daylight has a blue-y hue to it.
Here's Sarah's pic..
I love the artwork by BonnieRose too!
Here's what I did..
- Mat cardbase with purple cardstock
- Cut a piece of patterned paper, tie around some bakers' twine
- Stamp a banner and add the sentiment, then paper piece
- Stamp birds onto patterned paper and then again twice onto pale blue paper, and fussy cut. Attach one of each bird directly onto the stamped images, and then attach the second ones using pop dots to add dimension
- Pop dot the finished panel onto the card
- Smile at the cute stamps, don't you just love 'em!
Mini cards are so much fun to make. I love being able to fussy cut little stamped images while I'm watching tv! Sarah was the one who inspired me to paper piece many months ago, now there is no stopping me. Thanks Sarah! ;o)
Don't forget to check out the rest of the DT's inspirational pieces.
Pop on over to the Cafe and link your post. If you use an online gallery, please use the keyword PDCC59, and remember to use our inspirational colours to be eligible to win!
As you may have seen we are in the final stages of selection for our additions to the design team, so keep a look out, who knows it could be you!
Paper: Leftovers from Stash, possibly K & Co??, Bazzill cardstock (purple)
Accessories: Baker's twine from Ribbon Girl