Thursday 9 December 2010

PDCC 59

Happy Thursday!

As you have probably noticed I am in a quick and simple card mood at the minute!  This week's colours over at the Play Date Cafe were put together by Sarah, and this is what I came up with...


It doesn't show very clearly here but the background colour is actually a dark purple, then the royal blue is on the patterned paper and the blue for the birds and banner.  I'm finding it quite difficult to photograph cards here at the minute, the natural daylight has a blue-y hue to it. 

Here's Sarah's pic..


I love the artwork by BonnieRose too!

Here's what I did..
  1. Mat cardbase with purple cardstock
  2. Cut a piece of patterned paper, tie around some bakers' twine
  3. Stamp a banner and add the sentiment, then paper piece
  4. Stamp birds onto patterned paper and then again twice onto pale blue paper, and fussy cut.  Attach one of each bird directly onto the stamped images, and then attach the second ones using pop dots to add dimension
  5. Pop dot the finished panel onto the card
  6. Smile at the cute stamps, don't you just love 'em!
I couldn't just stop at that one colour combo, so made a couple more..



Mini cards are so much fun to make.  I love being able to fussy cut little stamped images while I'm watching tv!  Sarah was the one who inspired me to paper piece many months ago, now there is no stopping me.  Thanks Sarah! ;o)

Don't forget to check out the rest of the DT's inspirational pieces.

Andrea Ewen

Pop on over to the Cafe and link your post. If you use an online gallery, please use the keyword PDCC59, and remember to use our inspirational colours to be eligible to win!

As you may have seen we are in the final stages of selection for our additions to the design team, so keep a look out, who knows it could be you!
    Stamps: Lawn Fawn, 'Fly Free', 'Sophie's Sentiments', 'Bannerific'
    Paper: Leftovers from Stash, possibly K & Co??, Bazzill cardstock (purple)
    Accessories: Baker's twine from Ribbon Girl


    11 comments:

    1. I love the colour combination for this week's challenge - my absolute favourite!! And your cards are so cute. That little bird is lovely!

      ReplyDelete
    2. Your cards are VeRY cute! I love them all, those birds are just FaB! Glad I was of help ;)

      ReplyDelete
    3. LOVE that you made more than one! ACK--so fun! Super cute card--I like all the color combos you put together--don't you just LOVE mini cards (now that was said with my Leslie Sanstone voice--she is my workout leader...she always says "Don't you just LOVE the stretchy band!" EEK--no! But I LOVE these mini cards:) That's going to be my new saying...maybe!). LOVE reading your post--esp....yep, you guessed it! Your steps:) SO FUN! Great job, Ruby!

      ps... no worries about photographing...I can't do it right now either. Something about the Winter sun! LOL!

      ReplyDelete
    4. Wow Ruby! These are just adorable! Love all the patterns and colors! Those birdies are so lovely...wish I would've picked them up - drat! After Christmas I'm all over them ;)!

      ReplyDelete
    5. I FINALLY made it over! haha
      These cards are so fun and I know I say it all the time, but they are 'so Ruby' and THAT'S a good thing! x

      ReplyDelete
    6. Fabulous Ruby! How lucky that you had some great inspiration and went ahead and made more fabulousness! Super sweet design and great use of color and piecing! Great work, my friend!

      ReplyDelete
    7. Such a fresh design, simple and effective card!

      ReplyDelete
    8. Ruby, I love that you made three cards with the same stamps but using different colours. They are all so striking in their own way! Thanks for the inspiration!

      ReplyDelete
    9. These mini cards are adorable, Ruby!! :o)

      ReplyDelete

    Thanks for popping by to view my blog and for taking the time to leave a message. I really appreciate your feedback. Ruby xx

     
    Blog Design By -Lindsey Joy Design- ©All Rights Reserved