Saturday 18 December 2010

Lawn Fawn Challenge & Some News!

Hiya everyone!

Today I have two cards to share with you that I've made for the Lawn Fawn challenge.  This really was a challenge.  You were only allowed to use one Lawn Fawn set, and not combinations, and you weren't allowed to use patterned paper.  Eek, you all know how much I use patterned paper!






The first one is pretty self explanatory.  For the second one, I used Martha Stewart edge and corner punches, I made my own background paper using the hearts from the Bake a Cake Collection.  To finish it off I added a little bit of 3d foam on the top of the cake.  Cute stuff!

I'd hoped to post earlier today but my little princess has been poorly.  She seems to have a dizzy/headache virus, poor little thing.  It came on suddenly in the night.

I'm going to head off to bed myself now too, we might wake up to snow in the morning, watch this space!  What's your weather like where you live?  I'd love to know :)

I nearly forgot to tell you my news!  I am very excited to tell you that I've been chosen to be part of the Etsy Inspired Challenge team, see the link here!  I am soooo pleased, I am doing the happy dance!!!! 

On a separate note I am no longer on the Tiffany Doodles DT.  I found digital fun but not being very digi literate it was taking up a lot of my time trying to figure out how to resize/colour etc etc.  I will still be playing along from time to time.  Tiffany has such fun designs and I know she has chosen some fab members to add to the team, so do pop on over to see her.

Have a great weekend :o)


14 comments:

  1. Awesome cards!!! Love them both!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute cute cute!! Love how you stamped your OWN pattern paper :) Hope your little sweetie feels better soon, my little guy was home sick yesterday-sore throat/fever/general crud :( since you asked about the weather...We are in a 100 year dry spell as far as snow is concerned. Our mountains are getting plenty but the snow clouds just aren't making it down to us for anything more than a light dusting. Fine by me-I'm loving the dust layer on my snow shovel :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! And a huge congrats on your DT news! I love Etsy Inspired-such fun challenges!! Can't wait to see your stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such sweet cards! Just love Lawn Fawn! And a big congratulations on your exciting news! I need to pop in and play from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations my friend! Well-deserved indeed! I believe it's just the beginning for you and your work, so stay with it!
    Give Tink my love and I am so sorry she is feeling so poorly. There are nasty bugs going around this whole big world : (
    These creations are lovely and you are really rockin' that Martha punch! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love both of your cards; they're so cute and pretty! Congrats on your awesome news. You totally deserve it! Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog. To answer your question about how I made the distress inks look smooth: I use a different foam on a Tim Holtz blending tool for each color and add just a little color at a time to avoid getting harsh lines. My theory is that you can always add more color! Let me know if you have any questions or need a better explanation! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. SUPER-CUTE cards, Ruby!! I love the colours you used, your stamped background, the gorgeous ribbons...everything's great! Hope your little girl will feel better soon! And HUGE CONGRATS on being chosen for the Etsy Inspired Challenge team! WOO-HOO!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards Ruby! Love the icing on the cake :) Congrats on your new DT! So well deserved :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Ruby! You've done an awesome job w/ the challenge! Both cards are beautious! Nice to wake up to snow! Here in S. Fla its about 58. Chilly (for me). Hope you have a great day & hope your lil one gets well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Ruby! Love both of your cards--especially the dress form! Congrats on your new DT! We'll miss you at TDoodles! Take care of your little one, and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such cute cards, I love Lawn Fawn stamps. Congrats on your DT!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Big Congrats Ruby. I'm so happy to work with you on the EIC team. :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Whoo HOO!!!!! Congrats on the Etsy Team! I will have to check that site out (never looked at it before!0 LOVE your cards, especially the first! The colors and the sentiment and the dress form are FAB!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by to view my blog and for taking the time to leave a message. I really appreciate your feedback. Ruby xx

 
Blog Design By -Lindsey Joy Design- ©All Rights Reserved