Saturday 2 October 2010

Happy World Card Making Day!

Happy World Card Making Day!



It's great fun to be able to join in with so many talented cardmakers. I have learnt such a lot from other crafters since blogging.  People are just really friendly and happy to share ideas. It's a wonderful place to be part of, and I've made some lovely friends doing it too.



I made this card using last week's Waltzingmouse Sketch.  I didn't get chance to enter, but thought it was such a fab sketch for making some quick Christmas cards.  I used October afternoon papers, a Sizzix christmas tree with swarovski gems and finished it off with a tag using 'Fancy Tag' nesties and 'Seasons of Love' stamps by Waltzingmouse. 

My second card was made using this week's Taylored Expressions sketch.  I used Prima papers with my large nestie (not sure of the name of it), a Martha Stewart butterfly and some crystals from Zva.  I then finished it off with my sentiment from 'Sophie's Sentiments' by Lawn Fawn and some SU! stripey ribbon.












Hope you get time to join in the fun!


9 comments:

  1. Happy World Card Making Day Ruby! Both of these cards are awesome! Love the sentiment on the first & that lil' decorated tree! The butterfly on the second is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are lovely!! Wonderful job with the sketches!! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Votre travail est merveilleux.
    Les cartes sont tout simplement magnifiques.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards!!! The Christmas tree with sentiment is so lovely on the first card! The second card has such a pretty butterfly, and the ribbon really makes a statement...love it!!! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful couple of cards, Ruby. Love your work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous cards Ruby. Great take on both sketches. Love the color combos and the butterfly and tree... pretty ribbon embellishment. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Card Making Day, Ruby! What a great way to celebrate it, these cards are looooooooovely!!!! Gorgeous work, as always! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful work on both of these challenge cards, Ruby. LoVe the designs : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job with the sketches!! I love these cards!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by to view my blog and for taking the time to leave a message. I really appreciate your feedback. Ruby xx

 
Blog Design By -Lindsey Joy Design- ©All Rights Reserved