Friday 1 October 2010

Christmas is here!

Hi there everyone

I've been playing in my studio with some cards and wanted to join in the fun over at The Sweetest Thing. I haven't joined in for a while now.  Karen asked us to choose our favourite sketch and make something with it.  Ooh, what a hard choice that was, all of her sketches are lovely.  I had no idea where to start!  I chose this one..



It's appalling weather here today so try as I may I couldn't get a decent photo, but hope you get the idea.  The little brad looking gems on the tree are actually swarowski crystals, so sparkle beautifully under light, but for some reason one looks like it has a black dot in the middle of it, and the rest all look matt, :o(  Very odd!

Firstly I distress inked the card base with Antique Linen (Tim Holtz) distress ink.  I then cut a strip of Cosmo Cricket patterned paper which I adhered to the border of the card, and I ran the reverse of the paper (sheet music) through my Big Shot using a nestie.  I then cut the other half with plain white cardstock and distressed it with Antique Linen distress ink.  I tied the big red ribbon around the centre of the label, and then pop dotted off the front of the card to add a bit of dimension.  Using my SU! hole punch I cut out the little tab in mint to match the mint on the holly leaves, and stamped it with my 'Seasons of Love' stamps from Waltzingmouse Stamps.  I inked the edges of the label with 'Fired Brick' distress ink and then added a Cricut Christmas tree to which I added the crystals and a mint star to the top. 

It seems strange to be making Christmas cards already, but it is very autumnal here today so I guess we have to say our Summer is over now.  What is good about that though is that I get more home time to play because there's nothing nicer than spending the day indoors crafting when it's horrid outside! 

Have fun, and I promise to try and be a better blogger now that everything is starting to settle down.  Thank you to everyone who has put up with my random blog postings.  I appreciate you staying with me, more than you perhaps realise! 


2 comments:

  1. Hi Ruby I am so loving this card the colours and that central display are so gorgeous.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH Ruby--this is so pretty! I love that you are starting your Christmas cards now! I am inspired--but probably won't make more than one this year--I'm always behind! Maybe I should make this my goal! LOL! Love the colors--love that vintage music sheet:) Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by to view my blog and for taking the time to leave a message. I really appreciate your feedback. Ruby xx

 
Blog Design By -Lindsey Joy Design- ©All Rights Reserved