Tuesday 5 October 2010

A bit of Lurve!

Happy Wednesday everyone!  I hope you're all having a good week, with nice weather too.  Our weather is quite mild here today, overcast but at least not the rainy spells that the weatherman threatened :o)

Today I'd like to share a card with you that I made for the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge. Finally I'm starting to get chance to play along. I love their sketches.


This is the sketch for this week..

I wanted to have a go at shabby and chic, what d'ya think?  Did I get there?!!

For this card I used my new Lawn Fawn hearts, Teeny Tiny Backdrops, with Fired Brick distress ink by Tim Holtz.  Using my heart shape nesties I cut a red larger heart and a white smaller one on which I stamped a heart using the 'Seasons of Love' set by Waltzingmouse Stamps.  I also used the sentiment from this set too.  I then smudged around the edges with the Fired Brick and inked the sentiment tag, finishing off with red swarovski gems to the left of the sentiment.  Finally I added three prima flowers and a red ribbon (which I stitched on to keep it more secure)  Once I'd finished assembling the heart I pop dotted it off the centre of the card.  I'm really pleased with how this one turned out.

Using the same sketch I then made a very quick birthday card.  Rather than stamping the background I just used heavily patterned paper.  The card is actually prettier in real life because I used some pink Stickles on the centres of the flowers.   I just never have enough cards on hand, do you?  Sometimes it's nice to have a quick card you can pop in the post if you need to!  The paper is Basic Grey, the stamps 'Sophie's Sentiments' and 'Bannerific' by Lawn Fawn. 

Tomorrow I will be back with two cards, one for this week's Play Date Cafe challenge, and another for the monthly challenge over at Tiffany Doodles.  Until then, happy Wednesday!!



11 comments:

  1. gorgeous! fabulous papers! thanks for joining us this week at the WMSC! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute cards!! I especially love those heart backgrounds - they're so fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are Fabulous Ruby.. I {heart} the flowers in your heart... Very pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Lurve card Ruby! It is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I definitely think you nailed the shabby and the chic, your Valentine's card is darling and the birthday card is fabulously colorful and cheery! Great job on both!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, love them both! Like how you're getting ahead of the game with the valentines card! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty cards! love the Valentine with the flowers and your paper is so pretty on the 2nd! thanks for playing with the WMS sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ruby, that Valentine's card is absolutely ADORABLE! The roses and the heart look sooo charming ;) Love it!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What gorgeous cards Ruby! Yeah!!! so happy you beat the deadline! Love that big Heart featuring all those pretty flowers! Darling little bird on the second! Thanks for playing along with the WMSC :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful heart focal image! So glad you joined us for the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ruby, these are just darling! LURVE it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by to view my blog and for taking the time to leave a message. I really appreciate your feedback. Ruby xx

 
Blog Design By -Lindsey Joy Design- ©All Rights Reserved