Friday 8 October 2010

Happy Friday!

Hi everyone, it's the weekend, yay!!

Please scroll down for Card Patterns and Everything But The Kitchen Sink challenge card..


Today I'd like to share a couple of quick cards I've made for some challenges. The first one up is for Rae Barthel's challenge.

So, I thought I was doing really well,  I pretty much stuck to the sketch which I don't always do, but there were 3 different elements to the challenge, you could do 1, 2 or all 3 which I'd forgotten about, it is only now that I'm uploading that I re-read the post and realised I could have made a non-Christmas coloured card.!!  Hey ho, I'm still pleased with how it came out.  I love the dramatic text of those stamps by Papertrey Ink.

I suppose with that phrase I could get away with saying you're wishing big for Christmas, that would work right???!   Ok, maybe not, but worth a go!!

Do you recognise the black flower?  I used it my PDCC challenge here, and as I'd managed to damage my little cake box I thought I would recycle the flower for use on my card. 


I used some patterned papers from my stash, the rectangle and scalloped rectangle Spellbinder Nesties, Tim Holtz Tattered Florals die for the flower (see other entry for more info) and the big scallops are also by Spellbinders.  To finish I used pink Prima pearls.

Ok, so hopefully I did better with my next sketch and colour inspiration.

I used this Card Patterns sketch...

and this colour inspiration from Everything But The Kitchen Sink's challenge

The colours aren't an exact match or anything, obviously, you can see that here, but the picture inspired me to pull out these papers again because of the busyness of the paper (is busyness a word?!!) Anyway, I covered my card base with two different Basic Grey June Bug papers, wonkily stitched around the edge, and added a ribbon that I had coloured using a Copic yellow marker.  I wanted to have two different coloured ribbons so tied the white one on afterwards to give the card a bit of a lift.  I then die cut my rectangle and scallop nesties and using Polka Dot Basics II by Papertrey Ink I stamped some Mustard Seed distress ink spots, and then distressed the edges with Tea Dye distress ink.  To finish I coloured some mini Making Memories paper flowers with Copics that the lovely Sav sent to me and attached them with a pop dot.

What are your plans for the weekend?  Natasha and I are meeting up with our friends for a bit of shopping in the morning, and a spot of lunch, then home to play with cards!  Ian has already been given a list of man jobs that need doing around the house, so no slacking for him lol.  Whatever you're doing have fun!



11 comments:

  1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! LOOOOOOOOOVE that first one -- love the colors (splash of pink!!) and how you broke up the three gems! LOVE IT! I am in LOVE LOVE LOVE with that second card---so sweet! Perfect for the EBTKS challenge! LOVE YOU! You are so awesome:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ruby!! I love, love, LOVE the card you made for my WCMD challenge, my all-time FAVORITE color combo, and that flower... YUM!!! Thank you so much for playing along!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous cards Ruby. Especially like the first one... great colors and pretty flower embellishment. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work, Ruby. I absolutely adore the second card! The colors are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fabulous cards Ruby!! I love the first one.. What big beautiful flower!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabby cards, girl! Thanks for playing the EBTKS challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. BOTH are just FAB! LOVE the blag flower and your second card is amazing! Check out mu blog - I left something for you on it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great cards! And great take on the EBTKS challenge! Thanks for playing along! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love 'em both! Congrats on being a diva!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done, Ruby, on this card! Love the pink and black combo! Gorgeous! Congrats on your shout out with EBTKS Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by to view my blog and for taking the time to leave a message. I really appreciate your feedback. Ruby xx

 
Blog Design By -Lindsey Joy Design- ©All Rights Reserved