Thursday 5 July 2012

Play Date Cafe & Some Neutrals for a Change!

*Edited to add info*  I've had techie issues so haven't been able to do an update

Hi there.  I’m back!  It’s been a very busy week/end and I haven’t had much time to play lately so I’m glad it’s The Play Date Cafe day because I had an excuse to get creative.  Here I am with a card that was a real challenge for me….to start with. I always dread the ‘pastel/pale’ challenges because as you can probably tell I like to live life out loud in full colour!!  However, once I got it into my head that I could add a pop of colour with another neutral, in this case black, I found the card came together really quickly.

We have the fabulous Amy Tsuruta guesting with us this week and some wonderful news too, pop on over to the Play Date Cafe to find out more. 

PDCC 139
The colour palette is gold, silver and nude, eek!  I encourage you to have a play with this even if they aren’t your normal colours to go to because it’s really good every now and then to push out of our comfort zones.

IMG_1341[1]
Our sponsors this week are My Creative Classroom.

IMG_1344[1]
Pop on over to the main PDCC blog for information on the prize on offer and to see how my other teamies created beautiful projects with these colours.  Hope you have a great few days, I will be back with a new project at some point over the weekend.

Until then, have fun!

Ciao for now!


7 comments:

  1. Wonderful classy card Ruby! The ribbon is perfect and so are your elements. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's quite a tricky colour combo and I like pastels! I lov ethe pop of black against the die cut dress form, layered onto that sweet doily. Beautiful papers and just the right touch of ribbon, a beautiful elegant creation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Ruby!! I love how you've layered on the notepaper and the ribbons are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, LOVE what you did with this color palette!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I just adore your twine-wrapped dress form, Ruby! And the little button and doily highlight it brilliantly! Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sigh..love it!!!! Looking forward to working with you:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really cute - the dress form is a great focal point, and I love your shabby chic scripty notebook page!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by to view my blog and for taking the time to leave a message. I really appreciate your feedback. Ruby xx

 
Blog Design By -Lindsey Joy Design- ©All Rights Reserved