Saturday 7 July 2012

Hello Dude!

Hey my blogging friends!  It’s time for a bit of navy/dark blue over at Color Me Creative.  I’m a bit late with my card, I’ve been having a lot of techie issues this week for some reason.  This wouldn’t be my go to colour of choice for images but it was actually quite easy to do, it didn’t take too much blending like some of the colours can.

CMC 712-1
The story behind this is my daughter (Tinks) has just got a new hamster, she wanted a mouse but we researched it and were told they weren’t great pets to keep so we got a hamster instead.  Just to confuse things she’s called her Mouse!  I made this card from her mouse thanking Tinks for being her friend!  She nearly got sent back (the hamster that is, not our daughter!) because she kept us awake half the night when she arrived trying a little Houdini act and practising morse code on her cage bars, but she is much, much happier now.

 

(This is her in the shop, she now has a very lovely house to live in and is pampered like a princess lol)

We’re always making coffee in our house, we’re officially addicts, so it worked perfectly that the little mouse was peeping out from behind a latte! 

I got to play with my new MFT jumbo ric rac die, isn’t it fab!  The papers are by Basic Grey

Here are the colours I’ve used.  I meant to take a pic when I photographed my card and forgot, but the weather here is grim today, really overcast and rainy so it’s too dark to take a decent pic now.

Cup: B69, B29, B28, B24
Cup Label: BG10
Mouse: W5, W3, W1
Ears: R85, R83, R81

Our sponsor this time is Sweet 'n' Sassy Stamps and my gorgeous little mouse image is called Cocoa's Latte!  Thank you Sweet 'n' Sassy, she was so much fun to colour and brought a huge smile to my Tink's face!




**Navy Blue/Dark Blues**

Colour ANY image ANY way you like---but it MUST have LOTS OF DARK BLUE/NAVY COLOURS in it!  We want to see you use your Copics, ProMarkers, other alcohol markers or Coloured Pencils!!

Pop by the rest of the DT to see what they’ve created too.  There’s a whole lot of fabness going on!  Our fabulous guest designer for this challenge is:


The challenge will run until July 20th, so grab those colours and join in on the fun.

3 comments:

  1. Simply gorgeous Ruby, I love these deep blues, mixed with pink they really pop!
    I love the die cut ric rac (please can I borrow, pretty pleeeesse?!) and that image is adorable!
    Hope your hamster is not keeping you up at night, and Lulu has not been too affronted by the new addition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a cute card and I love the story behind it. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by to view my blog and for taking the time to leave a message. I really appreciate your feedback. Ruby xx

 
Blog Design By -Lindsey Joy Design- ©All Rights Reserved