Thursday 26 July 2012

Play Date Cafe is Getting me Organised!

Hi there.  It’s Play Date Cafe time.  First up I have my project and then I’m sad to say I have some goodbyes to say :o(

Today is the start of me getting more organised in my studio.  I saw the latest PTI Rolodex goodies last month and had to get some.  I have wanted a rolodex system since FOR-EVER…. yes really!  This gave me chance to do two things; get more organised and play with dies/stamps in preparation for my Rolodex system!  Woohoo!

So here is what I created..

PDCC 142(2)
PDCC 142
Very basic I know but I want to keep this simple otherwise I won’t keep it up! I die cut the little tabbed dividers and stamped them using the PTI Polka Dot Basics in colours to match the cardstock.  I then stamped the wording in black.

I then die cut the central tabbed Rolodex card, cutting off the top so that I could use it to file into my system.  (I’m waiting for my actual blank Rolodex cards to arrive).  On this I stamped (in Ranger Distress Ink ‘Tumbled Glass’) the grid and added the little image from our inspiration colour story to the left.  I shrunk the image down to 1.75cm height x 2.2cm width so that I could print it off and stamped the little black border around it before cutting it out and sticking it onto my card.  As these aren’t the proper Rolodex cards I needed to round both corners so that they matched with my Corner Chomper (set at 1/4”).  To finish all I had to do was add a little hand-drawn heart and my design details and ta-da, one colour story ready for filing for later use.

What do you think of our new PDCC watermarks?!  Our very own Jaclyn Miller designed them, aren’t they funky!

Cobalt, Goldenrod, Peony
My pink looks extremely bright here, but it is actually the colour of the story.  We have sun for a change so it’s come out brighter, but hey…I’m not complaining, not after all the rain we’ve been having!

We have lots of new people joining us as you may have seen over at the main PDCC blog but we also have some that are leaving us.  Pop on over to the main blog for details of the new girls joining us next week, you will be SO impressed.

Sadly though we are losing some real gems. I thought I would share one of my favourite projects for each of you..(in alphabetical order, I couldn’t pick one to be first lol)

Colleen Dietrich – my favourite card of Colleen’s is actually her one from last week, I just love it. Colleen is one of the sweetest people I have met in blogland, this card sums her up!


Denise January – I just love Denise’s cards, her design and layering are beautiful. This card made my jaw drop, isn’t it divine! She costs me a fortune in PTI!! ;o)


Jinny Newlin – The Queen of Dressy Bows! Jinny always inspires me. I just love reading how she puts things together, she makes me want to dig out my sewing machine!! Check out that bow, isn’t it fab!



Savannah O’Gwynn – I LoVe Savvy’s cupcakes and this one is my favourite! I know we will be ‘friends owl-ways’! Thanks for being such a great friend Savvy!


I’m really truly sorry to see you girls go, I will miss you all (let’s stay in touch!)  It’s been so much fun getting to know you all.

I hope you join in the fun with us over at The Play Date Cafe.  We’d love to see what you come up with for this week’s happy colours. For details of the challenge and prize pop on over to the main PDCC blog and prepare to be inspired.

Hope the sun shines for you wherever you go!


8 comments:

  1. I love your little rolodex cards, what a wonderful way to stay organised!
    A great post too saying goodbye to some of the team, love your fave cards of theirs, and the new watermarks are fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute and ever so useful, Ruby! And thank you so much for your kind words. I will miss being on the PDCC team with you ever so much! You're friendship has meant the world to me! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your fun creation for the color story Ruby, the polka dots were a home run for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is sooo super creative Ruby. Love your rolodex cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those tabs look great Ruby! Love the rich colors. Lovely picks from your fellow team members. I can see why you chose those.

    ReplyDelete
  6. FAB projects...aren't you so sweet to feature your favs by those 3 talented PDCC gals:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for you, getting organized Ruby! Such a great idea. Yes, those ladies will be missed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOOOOOOOOOOVE this! I love the polka dots and those tiny files!! LOOOOOOOOOOOVE your creative thinking!! YOU ROCKED this color story!

    LOVE the features for the three of us that have left the PDCC:) YES--we will OWL-ways be FRIENDS:) We should skype soon! HUGS!!! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by to view my blog and for taking the time to leave a message. I really appreciate your feedback. Ruby xx

 
Blog Design By -Lindsey Joy Design- ©All Rights Reserved