Sunday 1 February 2009

Rae's Bonus Sketch - Oriental Lily




I really love Rae's bonus sketch on 2 Sketches 4 You this week, so thought I would give it a go. I have been trying to find something to use my Basic Grey paper for and thought this Sizzix Flower, Lily might just do the job. I layered the lily and put in a pearl as the centre (an idea I learnt from my local craft shop). I was thinking about adding some words but it looked a bit too cluttered so I just added a few pearls. I used my Sakura Gelly Roll pen to highlight some of the petals/stems on the card, and did the same on the lily although they don't show very clearly here. The ribbon I used is one that came free with a magazine, it's by Laura Ashley. It's handy because it's self-adhesive. Anything that saves time is a winner in my book ;o)

4 comments:

  1. oooh Ruby this is really gorgeous! I love the design and the colors - this is a fantastic interpretation of Rae's sketch
    Thanks for playing
    Hugs
    Kazan

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning! I love the simplicity of it! A very worthy use of your BG papers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ruby, this is gorgeous!! I ♥love♥ that BasicGrey paper you used and the lily is amazing... a fabulous interpretation of my sketch, thank you for playing with it :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by to view my blog and for taking the time to leave a message. I really appreciate your feedback. Ruby xx

 
Blog Design By -Lindsey Joy Design- ©All Rights Reserved