Monday 23 February 2009

My Very First Blog Awards - Woohoo!!

Guess what... I just got my very first Blog Awards!!! I'm soooo excited about it. I kept on seeing other people getting them and felt a bit left out! Now I have some of my very own, how cool is that?!! They are from Sarah-Jane over at 'Cards and a Cuppa'. You should check her blog out, she has some really great cards on there. Also check out her calendar, I really like that idea and I love the colours she's used for the girl in January. Here's my awards;





I feel that I should have prepared a speech like they do at the Oscars, you know the kind of thing...I'd like to thank my man, my daughter, my dog, my Mum for having me etc etc (!!)but I will just humbly say a great big THANKS to Sarah-Jane! You made this little ole cardmaker a very happy girl today!!

Now, I'm new to all this but I think I'm supposed to pass them onto someone else. Ok, well I have a few people's work that I really love, so I am going to pass the awards onto them (in no particular order!)

The first person is someone's work that I have been in love with for a very long time. I'm always seeing her work published. It's Jo Kill over at 'We Don't Do Duvets'. Her work is just so very different, I love it. She has a distinct style, and I love the way she doodles on her cards and uses lots of black and white, it's fab!

The second one is going to go to someone's blog that I have just recently come across, 'Paper Playhouse' by Karen Motz. She has inspired me to get back into stamping. I used to stamp all the time but when the die cutters came along I got a bit bored with it and thought it just wasn't for me. She's made me realise that stamping doesn't have to be old fashioned, it can look fun and funky! I love the way she paper pieces her work, she is the paper piecing queen! I think I will always be someone that enjoys die cutting more than stamping, but at least now I will be doing a bit of both thanks to Karen's inspiration.

The third person I would like to give an award to is Kristina over at KWerner Design Blog. Her blog was the very first one I started following. She inspires me with her Color Inspiration Challenges, and she really does go the extra mile to keep us creative people motivated. I love the way her work is stylish yet quick and easy. I'm just about to join in on the Two Peas in a Bucket Classes that she's doing, that's my goal for this week anyway. My other goal is to stamp a card this week!

I'd also like to thank my followers. (Still can't believe I've got some!!) Thanks to each and everyone of you for thinking my work is good enough to come back and see! Big hugs to you all!


3 comments:

  1. Congrats Ruby - You deserve each and every one!
    Hugs
    Kazan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Firs off, you totally deserve the awards Ruby!
    Thank you so much for passing the award along to me and for the wonderful things you said about me. I love sharing my work and I'm happy it inspires someone. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tee Hee! I loved your little speech!! :D It made me smile and chuckle!

    Congrats on the awards!!! I know how fun they can be and how special they can make you feel!

    GL on your to do list this week!

    Also, I'll add myself as a follower! :)

    Thanks for the nice comment on my blog! Comments lend a hand in making my day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by to view my blog and for taking the time to leave a message. I really appreciate your feedback. Ruby xx

 
Blog Design By -Lindsey Joy Design- ©All Rights Reserved