Thursday 5 February 2009

A Groovy Kind Of Love


Woohoo, I did manage to make a card today, how good is that! My friend took me to a little local craft shop yesterday and I just had to pick up this 'groovy' cutter as it inspired me to make something with the phrase, 'we got a groovy kind of love'. My other half said it's supposed to be 'we've got...' but if it is then I will just have to argue that I have used my artistic licence! My man is a darling, I don't know what I'd do without him, he cuts out most of my shapes for me to save me hurting my back. I think he secretly enjoys it, it's the operations management in him! He saves SO much card when he cuts out shapes it's not fair, he's so precise it's sickening. (Oh yes, and he can really cut squares, for some reason I just can't cut squares/rectangles, I always mess them up, that's my excuse anyway) He used to work over in Iraq. What would his army friends say if they knew, lol? ..hope he's not reading this, I will be in trouble ;o)

I really enjoyed making this card, I like working with bright colours. I saw an idea a while ago where you print the messages out and then mat them on different coloured cardstock and thought this would fit in well with the theme. I think it might have been a design on Pink Petticoat that had used this on a card (I hope I'm giving the right place credit). You should be able to see the hearts and word is 3d using foam pads, the rest of it is just stuck directly down.

Anyway, the inspiration behind this card was not just the 'groovy' cutter, but also I came across the Daring Cardmakers Challenge - 'Patterned Paper Passion' (love the name) where you have to use 3 different types of patterned paper, with the double challenge that you have to use 3 different makes of paper too. I set to work and then started to realise how tricky this could be. It's not so bad choosing patterned papers because generally companies are using colour themes, but when you cross brands it's a bit trickier. Some of the combinations required shades to view them, they were so hard on the eyes!! This one isn't much better, but then it is meant to be 'groovy' huh?!

Dies: Sizzix 'Hearts, Tandem', 'Phrase, Groovy'
Paper: Bo Bunny Sweetie Pie Smooch, Double Take by Collage Press, (lime floral) by KI Memories, Bazzill
Accessories: Scallop edge punch by Stampin' Up!

Sorry I can't give the name of the lime floral, I only had a scrap of it left and the name was missing!

2 comments:

  1. This card is great, it looks so stylish and modern! :-))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ruby, I have just been blog hopping and jumped into your blog. Love your work and your bright cheerful blog. Congratulations on making the Design team for Simply Crafts and Papercraft,I love that mag, so will keep an eye out for your work.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by to view my blog and for taking the time to leave a message. I really appreciate your feedback. Ruby xx

 
Blog Design By -Lindsey Joy Design- ©All Rights Reserved