'Tailor's Dummy' or 'Dressform'?? Now that is the question. You see, as you all probably know I'm English so I should (I suppose) use the Tailor's Dummy, however I am so used to seeing it written as Dressform in blogland that I use that now instead. In fact I've started using quite a few American colloquialisms since starting blogging!
Play Date Cafe this week, and this week you get to pick what the extra colour is that you use! I love the colours on this butterfly, isn't it fun? Now I know I challenge you all with my colours, but my challenge colours are these weeks with the black and white, so it's my turn to get stressed lol
We are being sponsored by The Twinery today and I received a lovely parcel of some gorgeous colours, of which I used my Pink Sorbet Bakers' Twine. We get twine over in the UK, but it's not as soft as this one, yummy! Ruby likey!
As I'm typing this post up I am having to put up with (yes, put up with!) Ian on his computer. Now that is usually totally fine, however he has this REALLY annoying computer man pop up every time he gets a comment on a post. Annoying because he shouts 'hello' every time! Ugh! I asked him if he could change it, so he did. Now we have the sound of an airport flight announcement instead lol. Who thinks up these silly little noises for computers? Don't they realise that when you're popular they can become quite annoying lol
Ok so I guess I should really tell you about my card lol. As you can see it was a very simple card to put together.
- Dry emboss white panel with Cuttlebug embossing folder
- Add strips of black to top and bottom
- Die cut blossom flower (Nestie) in black and add a Martha Stewart tag which has been sent to you by the lovely Sue Lelli. I LOVE these tags and have oohed and aahed over them in blog land for a long time!! Thank you Sue!!
- Die cut Papertrey Ink's Dressform die in pink and black.
- Tie twine around the dressform (tip - cut little slits along each side of the dressform so that the twine sits into them, this stops it unravelling)
- Add Prima flower and stamp sentiment (PTI Signature Greetings to finish)
- Smile to yourself, you managed yet another black and white challenge and it actually looked the same on card as it did in your mind for once!
Our girls have come up with some really fun uses of twine this week too so grab a cuppa, pull up a chair and pop by to visit them for some inspiration!
in Alphabetical Order..
Michele Gross Ruby McGuire (that's me!)
I'd love to see what you come up with for this week's challenge, you could even include some twine yourself if you're feeling brave ;o)
For your chance to win pop on over to the Cafe and link your post. If you use an online gallery, please use the keyword PDCC71, and remember to use our inspirational colours to be eligible to win this week's prizes!