Saturday 26 March 2011

Etsy Inspired Challenge #132 - Fresh Metal Jewelry

Hello everyone!

It's time for this week's Etsy Inspired Challenge.  I thought I'd bring a bit of colour into your life!  They say carrots are good for your eyesight, well if you look very closely at the strip of digi paper running down the centre of the card you may well be able to make out little carrots!


This card is based on this week's Card Patterns sketch here.  I've moved the bow and I just did an extra wide panel instead of the embossed strips.


So onto our challenge....

 We have a fun shop for you this week - Fresh Metal Jewellery who are giving away this gorgeous Pretty Posey Vintage Lace Necklace.  Lots of the items for sale are reused or upcycled vintage items.



Look at this gorgeous colour combo..


and these were what inspired the flowers on my card.  They reminded me of little lettuces for my bunnies lol


Our sponsor this week is Amber Ink. 



AmberInk was started by a mother and daughter team. Amber lives in the East, Pam lives in the West. Amber is an Emmy nominated children's animator and illustrator, who creates from her Brooklyn, New York studio. Although they do carry some clear stamps, the company runs by the premise that their customers are more brilliant than patient. If you've been a diehard clear or rubberstamper, they can even help you with the transition to digital. And don't worry about asking a silly question, because as a retired public high school teacher, Pam has already seen it all. Check out the ever-increasing tutorial links, which you can find on the homepage. Hailing from the Hawaiian Islands, the Aloha Spirit is alive and well at AmberInk.com.

We were really kindly given the opportunity to play with some iPapers and Digi images, look at this adorable carrot paper, isn't it the sweetest!!  (this is what I used behind my centre panel) and then I used my gorgeous little digi bunnies too!  There are so many gorgeous images to choose from, you can even get some iPaper that has the same images coloured in on patterned paper, so cute!


Thank you Amber Ink, these were really fun to play around with!

Amber Ink are offering up a prize of a $15 Gift Certificate to use in the store!

So pop on over to check out what the rest of the DT made and then check our main blog for all of the prize information.   (sorry about the size of the links for the DT, it's either that size or enormous, despite playing the font size is misbehaving!!)

Angi Barrs
Ruby McGuire (that's me!)
Virginia Lu

Deadline for entries is Friday 1st April (already?!!!) at noon PST. If posting to an online gallery please use EIC#132.


Have fun and don't forget there are some fab prizes to be won!!



9 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSHNESS!!!!!!!!!! I love love love this totally PRECIOUS and adorable CARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THe bunnies are sooooooo cute and the label behind them in STUNNING!!! Fantastic colors and design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ADORABLE Ruby! Love the carrots in the DP! Those bunnies - OMG too cute! The tails are priceless! Beautiful and cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a stunning card. Love the colors and that sketch you used.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beyond cute!!! I love the bright colors and the layout of your card and those little bunny tails are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGosh! Your card is just too cute for words Ruby! I love everything about it....excellent work as always!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so totally cute! Love it......

    ReplyDelete
  7. RUBY! Get out get out! I just loooooooooooooove this card---love the little bunnies and I LOOOOOOOOOVE that digital paper you used! Had I remembered to ask for some ahead of time, I would have picked that same set! YOU ROCK! I LOVE how you inspire me:) BLESSINGS!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So Stinkin' Cute. Love the bunny tails and those gorgeous flowers. Amazing inspired design. Love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. A wonderful card, I ove how you fussy cut round the two bunnies, a lovely card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by to view my blog and for taking the time to leave a message. I really appreciate your feedback. Ruby xx

 
Blog Design By -Lindsey Joy Design- ©All Rights Reserved