Thursday 30 June 2011

PDCC 88 & Echo Park

Yay, it’s time for another play date over at The Play Date Cafe and we have some scrummy colours lined up for you this week, you will LoVe them!  I wanted to make a little card for my man, Ian, this is what I created..

PDCC 88
 I had seen Betsy Veldman’s PTI Make it Monday video on using the tissue paper technique so thought it would be fun to have a go.  It was a lot easier than I thought it would be actually.  I’m really pleased with the texture.

Here’s how to make it..
  1. Stamp the background using the little ticket from Lawn Fawn’s Admit One set in Ranger distress ink, Tumbled Glass
  2. Use the tissue paper technique to cover the card base.  I used a light blue tissue paper
  3. Die cut two nestie shapes and attach to card base as shown
  4. Cut a strip of paper and attach across the centre of the card
  5. Stamp the little ferris wheel and colour with Copics (colours shown below)
  6. Stamp the #1 stamp directly onto the card base
  7. Stamp the star onto yellow dp, cut out and adhere to card base
  8. Stamp sentiment onto white card stock and attach to card using pop dots, adding pearls to either side of the wording
  9. Add a brad to the centre of the ferris wheel before attaching to the card, again using pop dots to give added dimension (I managed to find a cute little metal screw brad)
  10. So… Did he like it?!  Well, he tells me again and again that men just ‘don’t do cards’ lol, but I was gonna make him one anyway!  He is such a support to me with my work and just in general and I wanted him to know how much I appreciate him.  He liked the card, but his face was kind of, ‘Ok, so you’re giving me a card because…???’ Really funny!
Look at this super fab colour story for this week… Scrummy isn’t it!

story88
 As you will see I used a little bit of artistic licence with the colours!

Our Guest Designer this week is Debby Hughes and there's a great Echo Park prize up for grabs. Pop on over to the Cafe for more information and to link your post.  If you use an online gallery, please use the keyword PDCC88, and remember to use our inspirational colours to be eligible to win this week's prizes!

Don’t forget to pop by all of the girls’ blogs too, they have loads more inspiration for you.
Ciao for now!

Supplies:
Dies: Nesties Labels 1
Stamps: Lawn Fawn ‘Admit One’
Papers: Echo Park ‘A Walk in the Park’
Inks: Ranger Distress in Tumbled Glass
Accessories: ePearls, Copics as shown below, tissue paper

PDCC 88 CP

15 comments:

  1. Ruby this is fun! - Love the ferris wheel and the little fan paper that matches the ferris wheel pattern so well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet card, I love the ferris wheel and the lovely cheery colours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That tissue paper technique really adds wonderful texture to your card! Beautiful design and lovely use of the colors! I hope Ian likes it...you sure know that your stampin' sisters do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, love this fun card!!! That ferris wheel is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just as cute as can be Ruby! Hope your daughter is feeling better!
    Hugs

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the card! The technique is awesome and you have such a cute design! Welcome to the PI Team!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute card!! I look forward to working with you on the PI team!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. BEAUTIFUL Ruby! I love that you focused on that teal/blue! LOVE the little star in the corner! You nailed these colors:) FAB JOB!

    ReplyDelete
  9. such fun creations! thrilled to be working with you on the PI creative team, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So, super, stinkin' fun, Ruby! This color palette couldn't have been more perfect with that set, and what a great technique!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun card Ruby. Love how you used the colors. That image is so cute and I really like that it's cut out.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So happy to be on the PI team with you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great card! Can't wait to create with you at PI.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fun card! Love the tissue paper technique!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by to view my blog and for taking the time to leave a message. I really appreciate your feedback. Ruby xx

 
Blog Design By -Lindsey Joy Design- ©All Rights Reserved