* For CARDS challenge card please scroll down *
Today over at Play Date Cafe we have a really fun colour challenge for you put together by Julie. I LOVE these colours together, they make me happy!
The Artistic Stamper gave us some lovely stamps to play with.
I chose this set of flourishes, they are so pretty, don't you think? I love stamps that look gorgeous without too much effort on my part, and these fit that exactly!!
It was tricky to know which one to use, but I do just love all the detail on the largest one, it's fab!
Pop on over to their blog to see what other delights they have in store for you!
Here are the details of how I made it...
- Matt card base with green polka dot paper
- Stamp orange paper with a flourish, decorate with punched butterflies made with brown cardstock
- Tie on some orange ribbon
- Attach a flower to the ribbon knot
- Punch and add a white swirly border before attaching orange base to card with pop dots
- Stamp sentiment to finish
- Add gems to butterflies, it needed a bit of bling!
- Step back and think wow I managed to make that card in record time, usually I take forever!
Papers: Cosmo Cricket 'Pixie-Licious'
Accessories: Martha Stewart border punch, Bo Bunny ribbon, Prima flower, Tim Holtz distress ink, swarowski gems
Don't forget to check out the rest of the DT's inspirational pieces.
Pop on over to the Cafe and link your post. If you use an online gallery, please use the keyword PDCC54, and remember to use our inspirational colours to be eligible to win!
I made this quick fun card for the CARDS challenge this week, which was to use ruffles. I made this little bird card using Cosmo Cricket papers. I drew out the bird and cut it out, running a black copic marker around the edge for definition. I used Just My Type stamp from Lawn Fawn for the sentiment.
The birds on the paper don't have eyelashes, and Olivia (as I'm calling her) really needed some so I drew them in. Don't you just love those long eyelashes, funny!!
I have a pretty hectic schedule the next couple of weeks so I may not get time to pop around to your blogs to comment when you play along, but that doesn't mean to say I'm not looking, and I will still be doing a list of my top fave cards. I just love to see what you've created. Those that leave me a comment know that I do get around to your blogs, albeit not always immediately. I appreciate each and every comment left, they always make my day!
I will be doing some scheduled posts though so you will still have something to look at :o)