Today I'd like to share a card with you that I've made for some rather challenging colours that Sarah set! Sarah does like to challenge us with her colours as you may know, but I usually like what I make. I have mixed feelings about this card though. I love the butterflies, I think they look great but I wish I hadn't cut the edges around the bark, it looks silly! Anyway, as you know it's been busy around here so I didn't have the time to redo it. I was brave and just 'let it go'!!!
Our sponsors this week are Innovative Stamp Creations
ISC gave us some stamps to work with and I chose to use a butterfly one, well you could have guessed that, couldn't you?! You know how I like my butterflies! These ones are really pretty too, especially that top one, it's fab! Thank you ISC
When Sarah sets the colours I really like to try and get as close to them as possible and challenge myself. Here's how I did it..
- Stamp butterfly image onto pink cardstock
- Stamp again onto various different coloured papers
- Stamp different butterflies in various colours (do 2 of each) using dotty background stamp (the red one is paper, not stamped!)
- Fussy cut butterflies, stick one of each directly onto the card
- Use the second set of butterflies to stick to card using 3d foam pads to add some dimension
- Layer the bark onto cardstock
- Don't copy me where I went around the edges, but just cut straight around all edges, my version looks silly!!!!
- Stamp sentiment onto red polka dot paper to finish
Don't forget to check out the rest of the DT's inspirational pieces.
See more information on the PDCC blog.
Pop on over to the Cafe and link your post. If you use an online gallery, please use the keyword PDCC55, and remember to use our inspirational colours to be eligible to win!