Sunday 15 February 2009

Grey and Yellow

My last card for today. I liked the idea of this challenge over at Moxie Fab World this week because the colours are a bit unusual so I thought I would play!

To start with I cut wavy lines on three different pieces of card/paper as seen. I cut along the yellow curvy line so that the front of the card was removed to show the inside. I then cut some grey (light elephant!) card running along the same lines as the front and cut out the letters, 'B-R-O'. Finally I cut out the phrase and sponged some ink along the yellow curvy line to soften it a bit.

Dies: Sizzix Phrase, 'Happy Birthday #2', 'Junk Drawer' Alphabet Set
Paper: Basic Grey papers from 'Offbeat' pad, Bazzill Bling & Classic

Quick question..I had some feedback earlier that someone was not able to leave a comment because every time they tried their system crashed. If you have had a similar problem or my blog seems slow please could you mail me so that I can check it out if it's a problem with my blog. I'd really appreciate it :o)

I'd love to hear your comments on my postings ♥


4 comments:

  1. Hi Ruby, love your blog! Your cards are awesome! Re: Martha Stewart - she refuses (well, not her personally, but you know what I mean) to ship outside USA. I bought a doily punch on ebay USA, hope this helps! Good luck with that. x Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. unusual colour scheme indeed - but doesn't it look so stylish and great for a blokey card. Love those wavy lines

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great masculine card Ruby! I'll have to tuck this idea away for later in the year when it's my brothers' birthday. Thanks for visiting my blog...I've linked back to you too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Masculine card!! Great colors and the DP is a fun "RETRO" feel... Smiles :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by to view my blog and for taking the time to leave a message. I really appreciate your feedback. Ruby xx

 
Blog Design By -Lindsey Joy Design- ©All Rights Reserved