Wednesday 4 February 2009

Bee Happy!


I decided to have a go at the Mojo Monday #72 sketch this week. I LOVE this sketch, it is gorgeous. I just love this whole sketch thing in general. It's so much fun seeing what others create, and how people interpret the sketches in such different ways. I have seen some beautiful designs out there that would never have even entered my mind.

I thought I would do something non-Valentine's Day for a change! I enjoyed making this card, the colours are really fun to work with, but it didn't photograph very well however the paper is intended to look distressed anyway. I still need to play around with all the lighting side of things. Rae came up with a great idea for a light box, I am definately going to try that out ...well I will get Ian to look at it for me! I have not done a challenge on Mojo Monday yet, but have been looking at them for the last couple of weeks with the intention of getting around to it.

My interpretation of the sketch is below. Hope you like it...



*Edited - to add goodies used*

Dies: Quickutz bumble bee, Cuttlebug embossing folder for yellow strip behind ribbon
Paper: K & Co 'Wild Saffron', Bazzill
Accessories: Ribbon from my stash, s.e.i burnt almond fudge alphabet stickers

7 comments:

  1. Wow Ruby! Your card is adorable! Love the color scheme!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute Ruby, love the K & Co paper (I have that stack and love it), and the little bees are gorgeous.
    hugs
    En x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is beautiful.
    xAndrea

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable mojo card ... love how your bees are flying through the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI Ruby,

    thanks for coming by my blog. Love your Mojo card, the colours are great and that you incorporated the cuttlebug. Cute bees too:)

    Kim B - AUS

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by to view my blog and for taking the time to leave a message. I really appreciate your feedback. Ruby xx

 
Blog Design By -Lindsey Joy Design- ©All Rights Reserved