Monday 9 January 2012

Help…I need therapy!

I’m addicted to mini cards!

OCC 090112
Today’s little card is using a sketch from a fun new online course.I’m always playing around at trying to do CAS (clean and simple) cards but my creative head wants to layer, so when I saw this class I knew I had to sign up.

cleansimple_participant
This card uses a sketch by Kristina Werner and involves a masking technique.

I masked the card and stamped my Hero Arts woodgrain stamp onto the pink cardstock with a red ink.  I then added a white dotted line around the inside edge.  I stamped and embossed the Paper Smooches sentiment in white.  The Martha Stewart butterflies were cut out of pink cardstock that I’d added red ink too. Because the cardstock is slightly textured it didn’t pick up in all of the areas which gave a great textured look.  To finish I added some small black pearls.

I'm adding this one into the Wee Memories challenge too, I just cannot get enough of these mini cards!

Have fun!

4 comments:

  1. I love your mini card!! That pink is the perfect shade! If you gotta layer, you better layer something and get it out of your system!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It may be a mini card but it is mega cute!
    Hugs,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by to view my blog and for taking the time to leave a message. I really appreciate your feedback. Ruby xx

 
Blog Design By -Lindsey Joy Design- ©All Rights Reserved