Monday 19 January 2009

Woohoo - I've finally put on a card design!


Firstly thank you to those of you that have been popping back but have not yet had anything new to view!

I had to buy myself a new camera which I'm still figuring out how to use, but thought I would add a card just to get started. I've not quite worked out how to take the photo so that you don't end up with a crooked edge when you edit it, so I've ended up with a small black line around the edge, but I'm getting there! I went to retake it and the camera battery has just died so I thought I would just post it, otherwise I never will!

As you will soon see I love my Sizzix Bigshot Machine and I am totally addicted to all Sizzix/Ellison Design die cutters. I also love Cuttlebug dies and embossing folders.

This card was made using various Sizzix 'Dress Ups' cutters. There's a bit of an outlay to start them off, but once you have got the basic body, the girl hair and the boy hair all you need to buy are different outfits. I think they are great because you can adapt them for so many different cards.

For this card you will need;

* Sizzix Originals Die Dress Ups, Girl Hair
* Sizzix Originals Die Dress Ups, Ballerina Costume
* Sizzix Originals Die Dress Ups, Body
* Sizzix Sizzlits Decorative Strip - Strips
* Sizzix Rub Ons, Dress Up Faces
* Sandylion Sticker Designs, 'Barbie Ballet Costume' paper
* Disney 'Pixie Dust' Vellum
* Glitter glue, pop dots, gems

I used my Cricut Machine to cut out the number 5, but you could use any number embellishment. You can also get plastic number templates from Craftwork Cards, and if you draw round them onto a piece of card you will have a template that you can use time and time again.


  1. Cut a piece of Barbie paper, 15cm wide x 22cm deep, stick to front of card

  2. Cut out the number 5 on the Cricut Machine with the setting on 4.5 (or use a template/other embellishment as mentioned above)

  3. Cut the number 5 out again with the setting on 4.5 inch shadow, assemble as shown

  4. Cut out the word 'today' using an alphabet set. I used Sizzix 'Junk Drawer' but you could use anything you like

  5. Put together with the silver set underneath the pink, and slightly to the right to create a shadow, stick to the card

  6. Die cut the body for the ballerina from flesh coloured card

  7. Die cut the ballerina tights using a light pink and a darker pink for the leotard

  8. Die cut the ballet shoes and the bottom frill of the tutu from some pink glitter card

  9. Die cut the tutu from the Pixie Dust Vellum, add a line of glitter glue across the top of the skirt to hide the seam

  10. Using the girl hair cutter cut the hair out in brown card, and her hairband in pink glitter card. Assemble all as shown

  11. Finish the ballerina using the dress up rub on faces

  12. Die cut a wavy light pink strip using the Strips cutter

  13. Die cut a second wavy pink glitter strip, attach as shown

  14. Using pop dots attach the ballerina to the card

  15. Add gems to finish


Hope you like it!


1 comment:

  1. There are two main types of Ballet shoes , the flat ballet slipper and the pointe ballet shoe. These are some of the most comfortable slippers in the world. This is the ballet slipper that is used when a person is just starting ballet or during practices. Even experienced dancers do not use the pointe ballet shoes all the time, and quite often they can be found in their trusted ballet slippers.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by to view my blog and for taking the time to leave a message. I really appreciate your feedback. Ruby xx

 
Blog Design By -Lindsey Joy Design- ©All Rights Reserved