It’s time for some luxurious colours at The Play Date Cafe this week, think rich, deep and exotic. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE them (as Sav would say!)
Here is my interpretation of these beauties.. (sorry my photo of the card is a bit wonky, it is straight in real life..honest)
I’ve been doing a lot of cutesie lately so thought I would mix it up with a bit of elegance and this Skipping Stones butterfly came to mind. Have I told you that this is one of my favourite images to colour? (umm yes Ruby, toooo many times lol).. Well just in case I haven’t I will tell you now.. this IS one of my favourite things to colour!
I needed to get over my CAS single layer card from the other day and add some layers so this is layered up and up this time!
Here’s my step by step..
- Mat card base with purple patterned paper
- Mat again with a smaller piece of gold patterned paper
- Die cut patterned paper with Button Boutique tag dies so that the bird cage pattern shows on the left, ink edges with distress ink
- Tie twine around the label before attaching to card with pop dots
- Die cut doiley in plum, attach directly to label
- Stamp, colour and cut out butterfly, attach to card base using pop dots
- Add gems to butterfly
- Stamp sentiment, ink edges and attach to card to finish
We are being sponsored by Simon Says Stamp this week, so don’t forget to pop on over to the main blog to find out what the prize is and grab yourself a chair and a cuppa to peruse over all of the other DT projects for this week, they are all so inspiring.
Before I go though I thought I’d share my creative goals for 2012. My friend Lisa Arana of dahlhouse designs created this lovely little graphic for me. She matched my blog colours so well, didn’t she? I LOVE it! Thank you Lisa, you’re a sweetie. She does the most amazing cards and creates watermarks too, you should pop by for a visit.
I’m hoping this will keep me focused in the right direction. It’s very easy to get distracted in this blogging world with so much inspiration everywhere you look!
Well I’d better go, it looks like I have a lot to get on with!
Ciao for now.