Sunday 3 July 2011

Summer Card Camp Week One & Lots of Catching Up!

Hello there everyone!

This is a long post so feel free to just look at the pictures lol.

I’m back today to share a few things with you, firstly a card that I’ve made for the Summer Card Camp being run by Jennifer McGuire and Kristina Werner.  It is so much fun!  The camp started on Monday and we were set a colour challenge, see pic below.  This card is for week one’s colour combo..

SCC 030711
week1-colors

Using my Copic markers I coloured in some butterflies using the feathering technique where you blend two different colours together.  Kristina taught a technique for using 6 x 6 paper across a wide card so I thought as I had the same papers I would give it a go.  Such an easy technique and as she said it was one of those why didn’t I think of that moments!
I got to play with goodies from The Stamp Attic. The butterfly die and matching stamps from Prickley Pear are just GORGEOUS!  This is my set

PPRS-CLR-001A
ppbutterflydie_small

There is also the set below that matches the die too, which is on my wish list.  I also LOVE this birdcage set.  YUMMY!

CLR001_ButterfliessmCLRBIrdcageSmBirdcageDieSm

I have another card to share with you that got published in Through the Craftroom Door Magazine recently.  I thought I’d posted it but now realise I hadn’t.  Quite a simple card, I used Madeline Prima papers, oval nesties, a Pure Innocence digi and then some luscious pink ribbon to finish it all off.

TTCRD Apr 11

The lovely Marie who’s on the DT with me over at Color Me Creative gave me this ‘sweet’ blog award!  Thank you Marie, that’s really sweet of you to think of me.

sweetblogaward

There are three things that you are supposed to do to accept this "Sweet" award.
  • Thank the person who nominated you for this wonderful award and make a link to their blog…. check
  • Name 7 random things about yourself …. see below… check
  • Pass this award on to 8 wonderful cyber friends … hmmm a toughie!
I really have no idea who to pass this onto.  I have made so many wonderful blogging friends, but I would love to pass it to everyone that follows my blog.  It is such a treat seeing new people adding themselves as followers or to see that more people have subscribed to my feeds, it truly makes my day!  If it wasn’t that people read my blog I probably would have given up ages ago, so THANK YOU!!

Ok, so the promised 7 random things…

I hate the way I speak, I think I sound really common but others tell me I don’t

I dislike tins/packages being put in my cupboards the wrong way round.  They have labels on for a reason, so the labels should be showing lol

I am besotted with my little dog, Lulu, and take her with me wherever possible, I like teaching her new tricks when I can. She is very clever but cheeky with it, she still thinks she’s a puppy despite being three in September so we’re often chasing her around the house where she thinks it’s funny to run off with socks and slippers!

I love to visit cities. So far I’ve been to Dublin, Rome, Paris, Barcelona, and obviously living in the UK .. London, but I would love to visit more

I love 6 x 6 mini pads.  Wendy over at The Stamp Attic calls me the paper pad queen!

I love scented candles, there is nothing nicer than having an aroma of perfume in your home

I love making up fun words, like muchly, yumdiness, hambalambas (ham), lulloo (love you), that kind of thing.  Sad, but true!

Oh, one more thing before I go

bookendzsmall250blink

Do you like reading?  Suzanne over at Color Me Creative is setting up a reading group soon,where reading and crafting come together!  She will be sharing all of the details soon, watch this space!

If you’ve signed up for Summer Card Camp I hope to see you over there.  I’m looking forward to seeing what this next week brings.  My favourite day so far was when Kristina taught us some graphic design principles… fascinating!!!!

7 comments:

  1. Awww Ruby! Very cute card and I just love the 7 things you listed aobut yourself. You are a hoot!
    Hugs,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVED reading your list....I could relate to quite a few points :)
    LOVE your butterfly card...wow those sets and dies are FAB!!!
    Hugs, T

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, just wanted to stop by and say welcome to the Paper Issues neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the butterfly stamp and die, I nearly bought them last week when I visited the Stamp Attic! I think they will be in my shopping bag next time lol! I love the way you coloured the butterflies, and the Lacey trim is lovely,

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty card! Love the gorgeous butterflies. The colors are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cards! LOVE those scrumptious butterflies and that fabulous color combo on your first one! And the big, lucious bow on your second one couldn't be more perfect! So fun to learn a bit more about you, too ;)! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by to view my blog and for taking the time to leave a message. I really appreciate your feedback. Ruby xx

 
Blog Design By -Lindsey Joy Design- ©All Rights Reserved