Sunday 29 May 2011

Follow Your Dreams

Happy Sunday!

It’s been a lazy day here for us today.  I seem to have done nothing all day lol.  Not sure if that’s a good or a bad thing!

CASFri 270511

I wanted to make a CAS card for the CAS-ual Fridays challenge for which the theme is graduation.

FotoFlexer_Photo CFC#4

I decided to use the bike from Lawn Fawn ‘Cruising Through Life’ set. I wanted to move away from the traditional graduation type card with a mortarboard and do something a little bit different and thought this little sentiment says it all.  Lawn Fawn images are always such good fun to colour in too. 

I was inspired by Kelly Marie Alvarez’s one layer card with the bike and thought I would have a go.  I’m not sure I’ve actually made that many one layer cards.  Yay, another thing ticked off my to do list! I used one butterfly from ‘Blissful Botanicals’ and another from ‘Critters in the Burbs’.  I love how you can mix and match all of the sets with a bit of thought. I added grass from a Hero Arts set, Stamp a Garden.

I’m also going to enter this card into Just Some Lines for their graduation theme.

I’m not sure if any of you have seen it, but we’ve been watching ‘Britain’s Got Talent’.  The start of tonight’s show made me wonder if we have lol.  Do any of you watch it?  I’d love to hear what you think!



21 comments:

  1. Who wouldn't love to receive that card?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card, Ruby! Love the bike...:) Well, if all that effort spent cycling, especially up hill, always paid off with one dream coming true, I would cycle more often! Instead, I have recently got rid of my bike...ha ha ha lol ;P Ruby, we MUST finally meet. No more excusses! Happy to come over to yours or somewhere for coffee, just let me know when and where! ;) hugs, xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute Ruby and I love the big juicy bow! Wonderful sentiment and fits for a grad card perfectly :) Glad you came to play with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SUPER cute--love that you used a bike and butterflies for this grad!! LOOOOOOOOOVE it:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw... Ruby!! Love the sentiment for this grad card! Your coloring is absolutely gorgeous! Fabulous take on the not-so-traditional kinds of grad cards! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAs-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh simply adorable ~ what a super card ~love it!!
    vanessa xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh very clever - thanks for entering your card into our challenge at Just Some Lines! Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I say yes! it's a great thing not to do much sometimes! I was working so didn't see BGT, sounds like I didn't miss much!
    Great card, as always :-)
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful card with lovely image! Just love that beautiful orange bow! I tried the challenge myself, but I'm afraid I added too many layers for a CAS card...oh well...I'll keep trying...hehehe! Have a great week...take care!:-))

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job with the new Lawn Fawn set... a bike seems like a good take on graduation.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that this is not a traditional "graduate" card - the theme is truly captured in your sentiment and the focal image. Great job! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays! Hope you'll join us again!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This card is precious!
    Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ruby this is so cute! I love the bike and the sentiment! Thanks for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very nice, i know what you mean about single layer cards. You did great stepping out of your comfort zone. Thanks for playing along with us at Just Some Lines!

    Laura (sandytoz)
    JSL DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is fab, what a wonderful image, and the colours are so lovely together!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It fun to see someone step out from everyones take on graduation, even though i did about the same as everyone else. Love your card. I want to get my hands on that stamp set so badly, thanks for the tease, you own it and I don't, you are having fun with it and I can't :(

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Ruby, I like your unique grad card - such pretty colors! Thank you so much for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays this week.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well, girl, what a fabulous, one-layer card you've created! You can put a star on your list! LOL! I just LOVE how you've created such a sweet scene and given the traditional graduation card a twist! Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is such a pretty card Ruby!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by to view my blog and for taking the time to leave a message. I really appreciate your feedback. Ruby xx

 
Blog Design By -Lindsey Joy Design- ©All Rights Reserved