Sunday 10 January 2010

Ruffle Flowers

Happy Weekend everyone!!

It has not long gone midnight here and I just thought I would blog a couple of cards that I've been playing with today.

Dawn McVey made this card using some GORGEOUS ruffle flowers, and the minute I saw them I just knew I needed to play!  The cards are totally CASED, because there was absolutely nothing that I wanted to change about them.    If you scroll down the post a bit you will see that she has done a brilliant tutorial on them. The flowers are such good fun to make, you have to try them!  I can't get enough of them!  I keep looking at different variations of papers that I could use for the backgrounds lol.   (Now I'm hoping that it's ok to copy a card and then link it, so I'm going to hop on over to Dawn's blog and leave her a comment to let her know. I'm still not totally familiar with what you can/cannot do in the world of blogging, so if anyone thinks I'm doing anything wrong please would you let me know!!)


I used double sided DP for the orange card which made it even easier to decide on the combinations!  The back of the October Afternoon paper was dotty too but I decided to use the blue to tie the whole card together.



 I can't decide whether I like the bigger flower/card or the smaller one.  What do you think?  

I have so many thank you cards to make, it was nice to be able to do a few quick ones without having to think too hard about it. You should never work your brain too hard on Saturdays, it's the rules lol.

I'm not sure if you can see in the photos but for the centre of the buttons I was going to use string, but realised I hadn't got the right thickness, so I just cut a slither of the DP and used that instead.   You have to be quite gentle with it because it snaps but you can  make a little knot and it looks quite effective.  As you can see I still can't photograph my cards properly but hopefully you get the idea!!  

Supplies used;
Blue-Brown Ruffle Flower;  
October Afternoon DP - 'Weathervane - Chilly Mornings'
Basic Grey - 'Figgy Pudding - Glacier'
Blue Bazzill cardstock
Button by Doodlebug design 
Fiskars 'Treading Water' punch

Orange Ruffle Flower;
October Afternoon???  (there was no labelling on it, sorry)
Terracotta Bazzill cardstock
Button from stash
Fiskars 'Treading Water' punch

I am hoping to make a card or two tomorrow, depending on how the day pans out, so I will be back then.  Enjoy the rest of your day if it's still daytime for you, and sweet dreams if it's not!

2 comments:

  1. WOW'za Ruby! You ROCKED these flowers on Dawn's blog... :) A couple night ago I watched her demo on how to make these beauties!!! Did you use book paper like she did or printed copy paper? I have used punched flowers on a card using printed copy paper from home... fun look, but they were flat! Ha... :) Gorgeous colors too!!

    You linked the right way! That's how I did it... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the paper flowers.Your cards are amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by to view my blog and for taking the time to leave a message. I really appreciate your feedback. Ruby xx

 
Blog Design By -Lindsey Joy Design- ©All Rights Reserved