Sunday 31 January 2010

Mojo Monday

Hi everyone

How has your week been?  You will be pleased to know everyone in the house is now a lot better, so I've put my nursing uniform away now ;o)  I don't make a great nurse really.  I'm not so bad with Natasha because we snuggle up together, but with Ian I want to pamper him and he hates it so I have to just leave him alone.  It took him ages to realise that I don't want to be left alone when I'm ill. I want sympathy, flowers, books to read, get well presents, hugs, the works!!  I get really grumpy if people don't notice I'm ill at home lol.  People can usually tell if I'm really not well though, it's about the only time I'm quiet!!

Anyway, onto cards... The minute I saw this sketch over at Mojo Monday I knew I had to play along.  I just LOVE circular cards, don't you?!  

 
 

I needed to make two congratulations cards, one is in line with the sketch, the other is a tweaked version.

The orange card was great because I just used the reverse side of the patterned paper so that the back of the card looks really pretty.

The first time I made a circular card was when I joined in with Kristina Werner's A Year in Cards, see here.  These cards just seem so much easier to make than normal ones, or maybe it's just that I really enjoy doing them!  (mind you I'm not sure many liked that card, I only got one comment!!)


My second card uses one of my favourite papers.  I just love the colours of this, and the sparkle flourishes (saves me another job lol)  I think bright colours look great with black.   That tends to come across in my clothes too, not just cards.  I wanted to make it a bit different to the first one so just added some large black sparkly letters and a little gingham bow.


I will just leave you with the details for the two cards today, they are probably quite self explanatory really.  Have you noticed I've been threading very thin strips of paper through my buttons lately instead of ribbon.  How do you do yours?

I picked up some great coloured 'twine' from a local bead shop the other day, so you will no doubt be seeing some of that very soon.  I also managed to get some kraft cardstock too so I am very excited!

Dies: Sizzix 'Circle #1' and 'Scallop'
Paper: Card One - We R Memory Keepers 'Nonsense - Jingle Jangle', brown and blue Bazzill, Card Two - DCWV, black and turqoise Bazzill
Accessories: Card One & Two - Buttons, ribbon and brad from stash, Card Two - Mei Flower gingham pre-made bow

That's it for now, I've got a few ideas bubbling away, I just need to put them together.

Happy Monday for tomorrow!



2 comments:

  1. WOW'za girl! I'm so going to try this Mojo Monday sketch! Your cards are amazingly CUTE and the first card with the bright colors and buttons ROCK!

    I'm glad everyone is on the mend at your house! I know what you mean when your sick... just to be close to someone and be taken care of! Makes things "all better"!! SMILES... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card, the colors are lovely together.
    I think you will win lots of challenges.

    well done!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by to view my blog and for taking the time to leave a message. I really appreciate your feedback. Ruby xx

 
Blog Design By -Lindsey Joy Design- ©All Rights Reserved