Thursday 25 February 2010

A bit of sunshine!

Hi there everybody

Today I'd like to share a little bit of sunshine by showing you a card that I made for someone that needed a bit of cheering up!  I thought about adding a sentiment, but none that I had quite worked so I just let the paper do the talking, and put my own words inside the card :o)  There's nothing nicer than receiving a hand made card in the post, is there?  I got two from my friend the other day, and it just always brings a smile to my face to think that someone has taken the time and trouble to sit and create something for me.

I made this card using the sketch #43 over at Unscripted Sketches.  I've been playing along with new challenge sites and as I'm sure you've noticed I just LOVE sketches.  It's such good fun looking at other people's challenge entries to see how completely different their take on the sketch can be to yours. This one sparked the idea for this simple card.  I could think of lots of other ideas for this sketch too.  It would even look nice rotated either way, don't you think?

Edited.. ps. the challenge was a colour combo too, but I couldn't quite work that in with this paper so just went with the sketch instead lol

1. Double mat the patterned paper onto some terracotts Bazzill cardstock
2. Cut out some long strips using the polka dot reverse of the floral paper
3. Join two strips together and pleat the paper strips
4. Adhere strips to the card horizontally and vertically
4. Cut out a circle and two different flowers in shades of orange
5. Cut brown die cut leaves and adhere behind flower 
6. Draw on some little white gel pen dots all around the edge of the circle
7. Highlight the centre of the flower
8. Adhere with pop dots to add dimension

I was quite pleased how it all turned out, it cheered me up just making it.  I love oranges and terracottas so it was going to be a hit anyway!

I will be back soon to share the supply details of all of the cards I've posted this week.  I need my knuckles wrapped I know, but I just haven't had chance to look up a few of the items that I have no details for!  I have done this one for you though :o)

Dies: Sizzix 'Circles #2', 'Flowers & Vines w/stem', flower from Cuttlebug 2 x 2 'Garden Creatures',
Paper: Bo Bunny Kitchen Spice Sesame (used both sides)
Accessories: Inkessentials opaque white pen

Oh yes, did I tell you that I am trying to learn to crochet?  I have been playing around with little crochet flowers.  I seem to do ok with the beginning bit but something is going a little awry on the second petal.  Never mind, patience is a virtue so they say.   If any of you know of any useful sites to look at let me know.  In the meantime I must practice, practice, practice!!

Ciao for now!




5 comments:

  1. Cute take on the sketch - thanks for playing with us at US!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! It's so happy and puts me in the mood for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I like this! What great colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable card, I needed the sunshine today! The ribbon is fabulous, but even better with the pleats added. Thanks for joining us at Unscripted this week!

    Good luck with the crocheted flowers. I did a few about a year ago, but don't have the patience. Though they are cute on cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ruby! I just wanted you to know that I recieved my winnings in great condition!

    Thanks again!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by to view my blog and for taking the time to leave a message. I really appreciate your feedback. Ruby xx

 
Blog Design By -Lindsey Joy Design- ©All Rights Reserved