Saturday 8 August 2009

Got the blues?!

Hi everyone

How has your week been? Mine was ok until yesterday when I had to have root canal treatment...eeeuuuuuu and ouch!!! All better now though and the dentist I saw was lovely, he talked to me all the way through the process. He must have seen the look of horror when he went anywhere near my mouth lol. I'm not a very good example to Natasha, am I?! I do try to be brave!! Mind you, I'm not sure what was more painful, the treatment or the dent it left in our wallets!

So, have you all had lots of time to make some lovely cards? Here's one I made, it was for a really good friend of mine, she loves blues.




I think it probably speaks for itself, but just in case you would like to know how I made it... I cut two strips of different coloured DP. On the green paper I cut a border using a MS hole punch. Finally I tied around a piece of ribbon and a sentiment. It was so perfect for her, because she just loves these colours. I don't think you can really see in this picture, but the paper has sparkle on it. It's really pretty.

I'm not sure if you remember but some time ago I entered a competition for a 'Trollbead' on www.trollbeads.com Well, all entrants were going to receive the winning bead. This is it, it's called 'Pax', what do you think??


I'm really looking forward to seeing it. It's a dove with its wings wrapped around the earth and symbolises peace. I'd love to know...do any of you collect Trollbeads?

Well, I'm off now. I will be back again tomorrow with another Corrosive Challenge Blog post. You will have to wait until then to see what Janet has lined up for you by way of a challenge this week.

Until then have a great evening. I'm off to put my feet up. We have our first weekend of no visitors in a long time so we're all making the most of it! :o)


ps - the sentiment tag is from Craftwork Cards, the paper was 'The All Dressed Up' mat stack by DCWV and the ribbon is from my stash. Ciao!


1 comment:

  1. well 1st, i'm sorry about your root canal, but it's worth it in the long run! i love the card. it's simple and elegant yet simple & fun. she's gonna love it. and if she doesn't you can send it to me because i love it!

    ok, brace yourself.... never heard of trollbeads. but will check out the link. i think the picture is awesome and if you get it, it'll look beautiful on a black cord.

    have a great day!

    hugs,

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by to view my blog and for taking the time to leave a message. I really appreciate your feedback. Ruby xx

 
Blog Design By -Lindsey Joy Design- ©All Rights Reserved