It's Play Date Cafe Challenge day, and Julie has set a yummy colour challenge for you this week! When I first saw these colours I really liked them but I had absolutely no idea how to put them together, so I went on a search for some papers. Over in the UK we have Cadbury's chocolate that has a purple wrapper, so that was obviously the first thing that came to mind lol ;o)
Sarah and I thought it would be a good idea to use the same patterned papers and prima flowers for this week's challenge, to see how different our cards would turn out. So this is my one, and you have to go over to Sarah's blog to check her one out too! Thanks too to Wendy at The Stamp Attic for pointing us in the right direction with the papers! It added an element of excitement wondering what Sarah will come up with too, I can't wait to see her creation!
Here are my card details;
- Double mat lilac cardstock onto a white card base. In all honesty this was an accident, but you know what it's like..you come up with much more creative ideas when you have to cover something up! In this case I had a glue mark on the paper, so I doubled up on the lilac but I really like how the edges turned out. I will have to do that again some time!
- Cut dark browny plum patterned paper and adhere at an angle onto the card
- Stamp tailor's dummy onto ledger paper and the sentiment, add to card as shown
- Cut a strip of patterned paper, adhere as above
- Finish off by adding a few prima flowers
I'm really pleased with this one. It's colours I would never have put together, but I definately would now!! Yummy!!! Thanks Julie!!
Stamps: Lawn Fawn
Papers: So Sophie range - My Mind's Eye, Bazzill Cardstock
Accessories: Prima flowers, Versa colour 'bark' ink
Don't forget to check out the rest of the team's creations, there's some FAB ones there!