It's challenge day over at the Play Date Cafe challenge blog. Another week's gone by, was I asleep?! I must be getting old, time is definately going by a lot quicker than it used to!
Ok, so enough chit chat from me. Here is my card for the week, plus details of the latest challenge.
Hands up if you love coffee?!! I do, and drink a little bit too much of it really. This week we have a 'celebrity' guest designer and sponsor, Kristen Powers, from KPink. As part of the challenge we could use one of her digi images. Now me being the caffeine addict and all that I decided I would definately give it a go with this cute little cup and saucer. Check out her blog for her designs, they are lovely! I have got my eye on the little girl with the plaster, and those yummy owls. Which ones do you like?
So then came the next challenge, from Sarah, one of the senior DT, to see what we could come up with, whether it was colouring with pencils, copics, paints etc. paper piecing, copics, prismacolour, inks (ink image and paper piece), coloured paper paper pieced, crayons, watercolour paint, acrylic paint, software program... I decided I would do some paper piecing. I'm always saying I will give it a go, but never do. That's what these challenges are all about, right? To push us out of our comfort zone? What fun! I had a great time playing with this over the weekend. This card definately didn't take me 10 minutes, more like 10 hours lol. No seriously though, I spent so much time playing around with different ideas that I couldn't tell you how long it took, but I had a lot of fun! It was nice just sitting playing with a pair of scissors and cutting out little bits of paper, very therapeutic, must be something to do with when I was a child lol.
Here are the card details
- Get out lots of patterned paper, a pair of scissors and play. Enjoy the creative process!
- Print digi image onto white cardstock and paper piece with patterned paper/plain cardstock
- Cover card base with lavender cardstock
- Cut out two squares, one in cream, the other in plum
- Adhere plum square directly onto card base
- Attach ribbon to lavender square before pop dotting onto plum to add dimension
- Die cut a circle and scallop in lavender and plum, as shown
- Assemble and attach scallop circle, adding paper pieced digi image
- Stamp sentiment, cut into a square label and attach to card
- Using liquid applique add foam to the coffee to bring it to life, heating the foam until it looks frothy. Add some to the side of the cup to look as if the foam is overflowing
- Put the kettle on and make a cuppa, all that hard work deserves a coffee!
Digi Image & Stamps: KPink coffee cup, Impression Obsession stamps 'Smell the Coffee'
Paper: Bazzill cardstock, plum 'velvet' paper from local craft shop
Accessories: Basic Grey pad, white liquid applique, ribbon and purple pearls from stash
You may not be able to tell from the photo but the plum 'paper' is actually velvet in texture, which gives it added dimension.
Don't forget to check out the rest of the talented design team's projects ....
Ciao for now!