Monday 15 March 2010

Communications burnout!

Hi there everyone, warning this is a longer post than normal as I'm playing catch up.

Well, the last few days have been madness!  Our land line sounded like we have aliens calling on it, my desktop pc's hard drive completely died, losing me over a month's worth of data, grrr, and our dishwasher decided that it prefers to wash dishes with cold water lol.  They say it comes in threes, well this time they (whoever they are!) are right.  Don't you think it's funny how we refer to this unknown group of people as 'they'.  That always makes me smile.

Anyway, onto a card....




I made this card for the Friday Sketchers #93 challenge.  I rummaged around my studio for some of my favourite papers of the moment.  I actually have three favourites at the moment... My Amy Butler Faded China papers, which I've shown here a few times, my K & Co Cara Marie pad and my Cosmo Cricket Early Bird Papers.  Yummy!  What are your favourite papers at the moment??

I really enjoyed making this card.  The ideas came together quite quickly and I got to use my favourite SU! stripey ribbon.  I've just bought the pumpkin pie, olive green and chocolate chip versions to add to my basic black, so I'm sure you will be seeing a lot more of these.

1. Cut out two rectangles using patterned paper, rounding opposite corners to add detail
2. Cut out label in white and dark pink using Storybook Cartridge
3. Cut two lines either side of the label using Basic Grey's Notch and Die tool
4. Stamp sentiment and decorative border onto centre of white label.
5. Thread SU! ribbon through and behind the label, cut into arrow shapes either side (is there a technical name for this?! lol)
6. Fussy cut (love this phrase - I've ended up using it myself thanks to Heidi Van Laar!!) a flower and attach to bottom left of frame
7. Pop dot for dimension

(by the way you should check out Heidi's blog, her work is amazing!!)

It was Mother's Day over here in the UK yesterday so I made this card for my special Marmie (Mum)!  I thought I would stamp some flowers for her, for a change.  I'm actually quite getting into this stamping now :o)  I think it's helped doing the challenges on the Clean and Simple Stamping blog, because it has the word stamping in the title I know I have to come up with some kind of stamping lol.  This card is for the FTL #82


I'm not sure my card actually was that simple, but then I am just getting back into the stamping, so it does take me a bit longer.  I was quite pleased with this one.  I have had the little wildflower stamps for a few years now so thought I would give them a dust off.  The long stems on the flowers in the FTL picture gave me the idea to use them.

1. Cut a rectangular piece of patterened paper and attach to card base
2. Stamp three flowers on right hand side of cardstock, colour with copics
3. Sponge edges and around floral images leaving some white space in the middle
4. Stamp little dragonflies around flowers
5. Attach a ribbon around the bottom edge of the stamped panel
6. Punch a strip and attach to the bottom edge
7. Stamp a sentiment in two different colours
8. Pop dot stamped panel to the main card to finish

I had a lovely Mother's day.  We went out with my little princess, Natasha, Ian and my Marmie for lunch.  Natasha bought me this FAB-U-LOUS Storybook Cartridge for my Cricut machine ...


and this set of rubber stamps - Woodware Clear Magic ...


and this Betty Boo mini ornament..
and Marmie bought me this letter 'R' one plus a couple of other goodies that are lovely to me, but not that interesting to you guys.. (I bet you want to know what they are now lol ;o)  It's odd that my Marmie buys me presents for Mother's Day, I know, but she always has.


They know me well.  I LOVE Betty Boop!  I have a few ornaments dotted around the house.  

Well, I'm signing off now, hope to be able to share a few more cards with you over the next few days.  Don't forget to enter the Play Date Cafe Challenge, there's still time :o) 



6 comments:

  1. lovely cards hun, love the papers on the top one and the stamp on the 2nd one is yum! Didn't you do well for mummys day too?
    Hugs Sarah-Jane xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these cards Ruby - especially the second one. And you're right I REALLY want to know what else your mum bought you - even if it was socks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous cards!♥

    Thanks for joining Friday Sketchers this week!

    Hugs,
    Aud

    ReplyDelete
  4. these make me so happy, looooove!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's such a precious card! Sweet little dragonflies.. and I'm sure I have those flower stamps somewhere. Any one of my girlfriends would love a card like that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what an absolutely gorgeous card... lovin that printed paper...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by to view my blog and for taking the time to leave a message. I really appreciate your feedback. Ruby xx

 
Blog Design By -Lindsey Joy Design- ©All Rights Reserved