Thursday 1 December 2011

Attempting a bit of arty colouring and failing!

Happy Thursday!  Play Date Cafe is here with another challenge.

I thought I’d attempt a bit of Copic colouring in an artsy way! I thought this image would work well being a little less ‘perfected’ so I played around, but I am definitely going back to my normal way of doing it!  Yuk!

Today’s card uses some fun stamps from this week’s sponsor over at The Play Date Cafe..Sweet Stamp Shop.  Thank you SSS, your stamps are fab!

I created this little money/gift card holder using the cassette tape stamp in the Old School Rock set..
PDCC 109

and combined it with wording from ‘Scootin’ By’ for the tape label.  For those of you that don’t know what a cassette tape is it’s how we all used to listen to music before the days of iPods and Nano’s!  Oh the horror of it lol
image

Check out this lovely inspiration collage, with suggested colours of Smokey Purple, Blush and Champage.  What will it inspire you to create?


Pop over to the main blog to see some much better interpretations from the girls of this week’s challenge colours, for some reason mine just wasn’t happening!  You can also find out what prize we have up for grabs too.

And don’t forget… Live life with the volume on high, it’s the only way to do it!










6 comments:

  1. OH RUBY!! These are great sets for this color combo! LOVE your coloring (even if you don't!!). I love love love that tape image!!! YOU ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a brilliant idea for a gift card holder, Ruby! LOVE! And your take on the colors is spot on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute take on the old school music stamps Ruby! fun little money holder ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are way too hard on yourself. Very cool card...and I DO remember cassettes...I had to roll many of them back up. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a great idea, love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol, what is a cassette tape??? this is too darn cute and perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by to view my blog and for taking the time to leave a message. I really appreciate your feedback. Ruby xx

 
Blog Design By -Lindsey Joy Design- ©All Rights Reserved