Monday 26 September 2011

Stamp Attic & Missing Mojo!

Hi there

Firstly I’d like to say thank you to a few people that have featured my cards over the past week or so.  First up is Lawnscaping who featured my ‘Eek’ Halloween card in their Lawnscaping Patrol Prowl, then to Unscripted Sketches who put me in the Top 3 for my ‘Sepia’ card and to CARDS Create: who featured my ‘Fox’ card.

Well it’s good to be back.  I haven’t blogged for a few days, firstly because I just needed a couple of days off, but then when I was ready nothing was coming!  This card was created for The Stamp Attic.

4-6 HA CPS 260911
I had lots of ideas but for some reason I just couldn’t pull any of them off over the weekend, my mojo just upped and left and wasn’t coming back.  That was until I decided to go back to my tried and tested motivator of a good old sketch.  Once I saw the sketch I had a card in the making.  Enter the sketch….

image
 I found this over at Card Patterns and instantly there was a small creative spark!! Thank you Card Patterns! Hallelujah!

For full details of how I made the card and a list of supplies please pop on over to The Stamp Attic.

Onto some news (be warned this is a long ps!! …)

000
I’m sure many of you are aware that Julie Ranae Murray heads up The Play Date Cafe, the colour challenge blog that I design for, but more importantly has become my very good friend over time.  Well she has been having some health issues with her teeth and to cut a long story short lots of designers are joining in a blog hop to get some sponsorship to help with her medical bills which are very costly in the US.  We don’t realise how fortunate we are in the UK sometimes, we feel we have a high price to pay when actually most of our costs for medical care are taken care of.  With this in mind The Sweet Stamp Shop has organised this fantastic blog hop for Julie.

There will be a benefit blog hop called
'Operation Julie's Smile'
that will take place Oct 7-9
 
There are a variety of
companies and design teams who will be participating in this hop to help raise funds for this benefit. 
So far, over $2000 in prizes have been made available
and will be awarded for both participants
and those who donate.
I will be one of the blog hop stops along the way.  To read all about it, in Julie’s words, pop by her blog, Julie’s Open Window, for a visit.

Donations are already being accepted and will all be a part of the prize giveaway.

Julie gives so much of herself in promoting others in the blogging world, and to her friends and family so it would be lovely if we could give something back to her.  Whatever tiny way you can help will be one more step towards Julie getting back her true smile, I really hope you can join in the fun with us all for a very worthwhile cause.





2 comments:

  1. This card is fab! Looks like your mojo is backmin working order! I have that too sometimes, it's worse the longer you leave crafting, I don't know why that is! Anyway, it's back now, and your card is amazing!
    Congrats on your special mentions too, all so well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely post, for several reasons: pretty card, kudos to you for being mentioned at several sites for your talent, and what a touching bit about our Julie's plight. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by to view my blog and for taking the time to leave a message. I really appreciate your feedback. Ruby xx

 
Blog Design By -Lindsey Joy Design- ©All Rights Reserved