Sunday 21 June 2009

Mr & Mrs :o)






Happy Sunday everyone!

Today is Corrosive Challenge day, so hop on over to their blog and join in on the fun. Each week there is a different challenge and the opportunity to win a prize :o) This week it's a vintage scrapbook and some ribbon.

The challenge was to make a folded card. I don't often do folded cards so I had to put my thinking hat on for this one! I thought I would play around with an idea for a 'Mr & Mrs' card.



By the way, do any of you watch that over in the UK? It used to be shown over here when I was very little, many many years ago. They are now running it with celebrity couples. Basically the husbands and wives have to answer questions about each other and the winners get money to give to charity. It always sets off a few giggles in our house because we all play it together. Natasha usually comments on what she thinks and then we both say what we would have answered. Generally we are right, so no arguments so far lol. For those of you that have watched it you may identify with me when I say once you hear the tune you can't stop humming it. This card became quite annoying after a while lol.

Ok, so onto my card. I scored a sheet of 12 x 12 card into 3 sections then cut off the top of the folded card to make the angled top. I then cut out two strips of the background paper and adhered these to either side of the middle. I cut out the word 'Mr & Mrs' and stuck this on the centre panel.

Using my Cricut machine and the Paper Dolls cartridge I cut out 'groom' and 'bride' in silver, white and black as seen. I then pieced them together adding brads for buttons to the groom's suit, a pink hankie for the for his top pocket and sprinkled glitter over the wedding dress. That's it. Quite simple really, but a little time consuming piecing the bits together. I was quite pleased how it turned out. I had been thinking through a slightly different idea where I was going to cut around the clothes by putting them on the folds but it didn't look quite right and I ended up with this.

Hope you like it. Enjoy the rest of your day. It was supposed to be sunny here all day, but it's been a bit overcast, the sun is just starting to come out though, yay! I think we might pop out for a bite to eat now to make the most of it.

I'm hoping to start entering some challenges soon, it's just been a bit busy with one thing or another but I'm getting back on track now finally. I like my weekly inspirational challenges, don't you? ♥

8 comments:

  1. this blows me away. it's totally awesome and creative. i love it.

    hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is such an awesome card! I love the little outfits!!!! Thanks for your comments on my Stair Step card - here are the dimensions:
    10 1/2 x 5 for the base. Score at 1.75, 2.5, 4.25, 6, and 8.25 inches. Fold it accordion style so the small side is in the front and folded down. The DP is just cut 1/4 inch smaller but that is just personal choice, you can cover the whole thing or not at all. I have added your blog to my Google Reader - your work is beautiful!!!
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a darling card! I love the little tux and dress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous,
    thank you for your kind comments on my blog,
    Hugs
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ruby this is the cutest card evah! Wowza!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is just too adorable for words!! Love the elegance of it, layout and fun style... :) Enjoy your day Ruby!! SMILES... :)

    PS - How did you get that "cute" little heart icon posted??? :) You must tell...

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is adorable! Love the little bride and groom and the tri fold card works perfectly here! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by to view my blog and for taking the time to leave a message. I really appreciate your feedback. Ruby xx

 
Blog Design By -Lindsey Joy Design- ©All Rights Reserved