Saturday, 18 June 2011

Etsy Inspired Challenge #141–‘Homes & Weddings’ & Some Sad News

Hi everyone



I hope you’ve all had a wonderful week.  Our weather here is what I call grumpy weather.  It’s really overcast and it keeps pouring rain on and off.  Everyone is grumpy because of it, hence the name!  I don’t actually mind it but then I am lucky that other than doing the usual school run duties I can just stay indoors!  We still have school over here until the third week of July so it’s hair and make up to be done each day for me for a while yet!  I love the summer holidays when we just lounge around in our pj’s all morning, with my hair on top of my head like Pebbles in the Flintstones lol.

index

I am really sad to tell you that today is going to be the last Etsy Inspired Challenge.  For more information visit the main blog.

I had been asked to make a wedding acceptance card, for which the theme was black and white so using this lovely ‘Mr & Mrs’ wire word pick and the black and scripty white place cards as inspiration I came up with this.  (not sure scripty is a word, but it is in Ruby’s world!)

il_170x135.249836708il_170x135.241475197

So here are the deets..

iusb_760x100.8282547

Our shop this week is Homes & Weddings.  Think wine & champagne bottle holders, wire word picks, bottle jewellery, minimalist cardette holders and much more table glamour for weddings and special events.  Homes and Weddings are giving up a copper business card holder for a prize too.  Here are some more inspiration pics for you..

il_170x135.249891324il_170x135.250441890il_170x135.249925723

I’m entering this card into CASE Study Challenge where I was inspired by the June muse card by Jill Foster for this week.  Although my card at first appears quite different I loved the simplicity of something down the centre of the card and the label underneath the main image and I was inspired to try and incorporate this into my wedding card.  Sometimes less is just more!

I’d just like to say that I am so proud to have been part of the Etsy Inspired team. I will really miss playing along and will miss my teamies too.  What I’ve loved about this challenge is the freedom in creation.  Just having a picture to work from can point you in so many different and unexpected directions.  Often I have started off with one idea and ended up in a completely different place once I’ve finished, usually in a good way ;o)  I’d like to thank Ashley, who set up the challenge, and De, for all their support and encouragement, and to everyone for their wonderful comments over the months.  It’s been great working alongside such a team of talented girls.  I do hope you join us for this final challenge and let us go out in style with a bang!

Don’t forget to pop on by to our Etsy Inspired DT too to see some more projects inspired by this week’s shop.

Angi Barrs
Carole Chesser
De Swanick
Emily Branch
Jackie Bowman
Joy Stagg
Kerry Angeles
Ruby McGuire (that's me!)
Savannah O'Gwynn
Sherry Campbell
Virginia Lu


We are giving away a mystery grab bag this week with lots of yumminess!  So what are you waiting for?  Pop on over to the main blog and get started!  We’d love you to join in on the fun!

If posting to an online gallery please use EIC#141.

I look forward to popping by your blogs to see what you’ve created!

Supplies:

Stamps: Big and Bold Wishes, Damask Designs (PTI)
Accessories: SU! Grosgrain ribbon, Bazzill Cardstock

15 comments:

  1. such a sweet card, ruby:) love the big bow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your card designs blow me away...beautiful!

    Thanks so much for stopping by to see me and leaving such a lovely comment. I'm not new to blogging, but am to card making. Someone with your talent, liking my design ment a lot to me...thank you!!
    Tina Milbourn (sorry,google is not being my friend today)
    confessionsofasopiledbrat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is truly beautiful Ruby & love the color combo...very elegant!

    It's been awesome working with you & I hope to continue to see you in blogland!
    Hugs & Love My Friend,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elegant and classy wedding card...love that ribbon! It's been great getting to work with you through the EIC team. Have a wonderful summer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your beautiful card and Bow Ruby. I have enjoyed seeing your EIC designs. I'll be back to visit often. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is beautiful- it is a great wedding card! I have enjoyed working with you- I truly hope we see each other around- you are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Ruby!!! I love this card--what a great take on the wedding them! LOOOOVE that ribbon--I really need to get me some of that ribbon! LOVE LOVE LOVE:)

    I love that our friendship continued to the EIC team! I'm sad that EIC is over--but that doesn't mean our friendship is!! Hopefully we will be on another team together:) You are super amazing! LOOOOOOOOVE you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Ruby this is so elegant!!! LOVE everything about it!!! So glad we are on the PDCC together for a while longer :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Ruby!! So sad that our DT is ending here! BUT I know I will see you in blog land and continue to be inspired by you! All the best! xo BTW I love this wedding card! So sophisticated!

    ReplyDelete
  10. so very elegant. gorgeous card, Ruby! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. No more EIC? Wow. What a shame. It was a fun challenge! Love your wedding card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card! LOVE your unique interpretation!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So sorry to hear of your sad news Ruby...on the other hand, your card came out beautifully...so elegant and classic!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely and elegant card!!! I love love love the striking black and white combination!!! This is totally beautiful!

    It has been such a joy and pleasure designing with you!! I have loved meeting you, and watching you grow as a designer and see your lovely creations every week!! Keep up the fabulous creative endeavors!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by to view my blog and for taking the time to leave a message. I really appreciate your feedback. Ruby xx

 
Blog Design By -Lindsey Joy Design- ©All Rights Reserved