Thursday, 17 February 2011

PDCC 69 - Combined Grind!

Play Date Cafe are doing an exciting new challenge called the 'Combined Grind'.  Our first one is with CASE Study Challenge.  We still have our COLOUR challenge (or COLOR if that's how you guys spell it ;o) but the exciting twist is that you get to play in BOTH challenges for the chance to win multiple prizes!!


Eva Dobilas is the CASE Study Muse and OUR colour muse this week.  This is the card we had to CASE.  Our sponsor this week is Ippity!


My card is actually tiny!  It's the largest of the nesties which I used to create a shaped card, something that has been on my to do list forever!  The inspiration I took from Eva's card were the flourishes for which I used ZVA crystals, the banner which was PTI Banner Builder and the thanks sentiment is from Springtime Doodles stamp set.  I liked the idea of keeping the flower in the bottom left corner so I rolled a felt flower using my 3d Flower Sizzix die and cut out the little leaves from my Cuttlebug quilled daisy set, and then obviously the shaped card itself.  I finished off the card with some black which I punched with a Martha Stewart punch before pop dotting the main panel for a bit of dimension.  I've always been a big fan of Eva's, I love her colourful style.  Lots of FAB inspiration!

We also have Chupa as our guest designer, so don't forget to check out her beautiful card.  Again another one of my favourite papercrafters, her work is always so beautifully presented, with lots of little details.

I have to say when I looked through the gallery as I was uploading my card I was actually a bit disappointed with mine.  The DT cards are STUNNING this week!  My favourite collection so far I think.

Savannah O'Gwynn (Senior DT)
Ruby McGuire (that's me!)
Andrea Ewen (Private Blend Designer)
Michele Gross
Tracey Kuzniak
Jinny Newlin
Libby Hickson
Fiona Shultz

and our Guest Designer this week, Chupa.

CASE Study will be offering a fab prize from Layers of Color.  Check out their blog for more information.

We are offering a prize of 'Cherish your Dreams' worth $24 from Ippity


TOGETHER....we are offering this prize to one player who participates in BOTH challenges, which is worth $30! 


If you don't win the prize don't panic..I sell Ippity stamps so I can help you get the ones you are looking for.  Just click on my link on my header bar.  If you don't see what you're looking for just drop me an email.

So for your chance to win pop on over to the Cafe and link your post and also pop over to CASE Study Challenge and enter there too.   If you use an online gallery, please use the keyword PDCC69, and remember to use our inspirational colours to be eligible to win this week's prizes!


14 comments:

  1. Absolutely fantabulous job, Ruby! Love the size of your card...small is just so lovely : ) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Ruby ;) I love the addition of felt and the black doiley peeking out from behind is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ruby this is so gorgeous! I love the die cut flower, and the papers are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't be so hard on yourself, your card is gorgeous! Love that rolled flower and that touch of black peeking out is magnificent.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that little felt flower is so delish! And I am always a sucker for bling so that swirly flourish is making me smile big time :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely beautiful, Ruby! I, especially, love the way the rinestone flourish and felt flower add so much texture!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous Ruby, this card absolutely sings! Delightful accents and that butterfly is just divine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A real Beauty Ruby!!!! LOVE everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE LOVE LOVE how you used that Circa 1934 paper! And your CASED Eva's card--love that! I also love that felt flower--what don't I like your card? NOTHING--other than I wish I would have thought of that:) YOU ROCK! Beautifully done:)

    ps...love that you plugged your Ippity sales on this post! FAB JOB!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card! Love that little rose and the swirls are perfect! So fun having this combined challenge this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is your favorite collection so far? I don't know what mine is, but there lots of striking cards in our gallery for this one. ANd I *do* include yours in that statement!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card Ruby and a stunning flower. The swirl is the perfect touch. Tracy Evans x

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a sweet card, Ruby! So LUV that little felt flower! Great use of color...a darling card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your felt flower and the wonderful leaves. Great shaped card, too, for this beautiful creation!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by to view my blog and for taking the time to leave a message. I really appreciate your feedback. Ruby xx

 
Blog Design By -Lindsey Joy Design- ©All Rights Reserved